Pisses me off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pisses me off

I was driving to my internship last Monday morning, sitting at a red light out of nowhere someone slams into the back of my car. I call the police and get out to look at the damage. The girl that rearended me is asking if I'm ok and whatnot. She is like there is no damage to your car. The police arrive and write up the report. There was clearly some damage, my ground effects was popped out, the bumper was cracked, and the bumper got pushed out near the taillights.

But it figures that the girl who hit me was low income and has a dollar a day insurance policy which has no liability coverage whatsoever. Has anyone had experience with this? Her insurance told me to either claim it on my insurance or sue her. I got an estimate of $1300 to fix it, I know she isn't going to pay for that if she is low income.
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Pisses me off

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist insurance... time to look into it. Although, last I checked, Liability is a 50-state minimum.

But yeah, that does suck. Dude in a Civic rearended my Camaro a couple years ago while sitting in traffic and didn't want to cough up the $500 for repairs on his insurance. One call to the police and he was forced to either pay out of pocket or claim it. Guess his record wasn't too clean, since he paid out of pocket.
    Last edited by pace2006; 03-31-2011, 10:17 PM.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Sounds familiar.

My Dad was rear-ended by drunk driver doing 60 mph while he was at a dead stop (was about 30 years ago. He said his Firebird was folded in half basically. She was a single mother who was broke and wasted. She didn't have an money and the most basic of insurance. To this day my Dad still complains of his back pain.

I guess sometimes you just get totally unlucky. Our insurance policies are totally different over here.
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

How can the girl have insurance and not have liability coverage? I thought liability was mandatory or you can't renew your car registration tags.

Good luck with fixing your car.

Was she texting when she hit you?
        2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Lawyer up!

Comment

Yeah, I'm confused. What's the point of her insurance then?

Comment

If she has any insurance it has to be state minimum liability. If you have the option file a claim with your insurance company and have their lawyers try to collect based on her negligence.

If you don't have it get uninsured motorist insurance, you're really screwed if you get hit/injured by one of those jokers..
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
                Wouldnt doubt it. This sounds like a job for a lawyer.
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                sigpic

Comment

April Fools!
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

probably april fools....

but I thought minimum insurance is to cover this, only way you would get screwed is if the costs started costing like more then $50k or $100k

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
                      How can the girl have insurance and not have liability coverage? I thought liability was mandatory or you can't renew your car registration tags.

Good luck with fixing your car.

Yea...tell me about it. When my dad called her insurance company he was questioning what is the point of insurance than if she can't get anything fixed? Apparently NJ and probably other states have these "basic" or dollar per day plans that cover only emergency visits and meet the state's minimum requirements. It's ****ing bull****, pardon my language. Here is an article about it if anyone is interested to read.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...cc4c002e0.html

I read about uninsured motorist coverage, I haven't yet looked into if my insurance has that coverage but if I claimed that wouldn't my insurance go up?
                      2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

I don't know if she was texting. It was a rainy day but I had no trouble stopping and my brakes and shocks are **** and need replacing
                        2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X