New project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project.

This thing is going to be a BIG project. Literally and figuratively. Its nothing new to the family, bought it new in 1988 when my brother was born. Its a 1989 Chevy K-15. 5.7l 350. Rocking the old iron... first step is a new battery.. got 200k on the odometer and still starts up with some juice in it. Been sitting in our back yard for nearly 5 years now... sadly. This truck was my childhood, so I'm reviving it.
    Attached Files

Re: New project.

looks just like my truck, but bigger motor. get rid of that shell!
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

The shell was being used as a rain cover while we built our outdoor kitchen. The spare bags of quickrete were in it.... that's the first exterior change.

Btw, when I have questions is there anyone that has a good amount of knowledge on these trucks? I know I'll be able to use it. I spent 15 minutes today trying to figure out what was in the way of the TB. It was the injectors.
      Last edited by Docta; 03-30-2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

i have a good knowledge of the 4.3 v6 of the same era, which shares the same bore/stroke as the 350. my dad has a 94 1500 with the v6, 5 spd, and damn near 300k on the odo. i drive it when i go home and work on the firebird. since i drive it i have to maintain it. any questions you may have lemme know.
        Last edited by flamingchicken; 12-01-2012, 08:18 PM.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

sorry but, god that thing is ugly lol
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
            The shell was being used as a rain cover while we built our outdoor kitchen. The spare bags of quickrete were in it.... that's the first exterior change.

Btw, when I have questions is there anyone that has a good amount of knowledge on these trucks? I know I'll be able to use it. I spent 15 minutes today trying to figure out what was in the way of the TB. It was the injectors.
            Hence the term "throttle body injection". /rocket scientist.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I know quite a bit about them, but your best bet would be to join www.fullsizechevy.com

Great forum with alot of knowledge with these trucks
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                Hence the term "throttle body injection". /rocket scientist.
                Ya know. Stick to rocket science. It's got EFI. Unless they're the same, then I'll be a jackass.

Otherwise thanks guys. Only thing I really needbto know atm is why its running rich, somehow gotta figure out what's with the transmission, and find out what's up with the steering column....

And kristen, it is. I know. But its one of those deals that no matter how terrible it looks, I'll always love it. And plus, I need a car to drive when I get working on my Camaro.

Comment

I figured an 89 would be TBI also.

EFI and TBI are not the same; TBI is basically a throttle body with an injector sticking into the port, injecting fuel to the mixture for all 8 cylinders...

EFI would have a fuel injector for each cylinder, controlled by the PCM.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                    I figured an 89 would be TBI also.

EFI and TBI are not the same; TBI is basically a throttle body with an injector sticking into the port, injecting fuel to the mixture for all 8 cylinders...

EFI would have a fuel injector for each cylinder, controlled by the PCM.
                    Unless it changes when I dig into it, its got injectors right inside the air filter... its like throttle body injection, but it says EFI..
                    Last edited by Docta; 03-31-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

i'm not knocking you, all the power to you for taking it over. i know how cars mean more with the stories behind them
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                        i'm not knocking you, all the power to you for taking it over. i know how cars mean more with the stories behind them
                        Hey, that's a first. We agree on something. I hate the way this truck looks, but I love the damn thing... Seriously, I grew up in that beast. From the road trips sleeping in the back seat to learning to drive in it..

Comment

sweet i guess...

if you got it for free awesome

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                            sweet i guess...

if you got it for free awesome
                            Its been in my family since it was new. I'm the only one that wants it... so I guess it was free?

Comment

efi and tbi are the same thing. throttle body injection is a form of "electronic fuel injection" just means it isnt carburated. tpi, mpi, tbi, all forms of electronic fuel injection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_injection

there.
                              Last edited by flamingchicken; 04-01-2011, 11:34 PM.
                              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X