Looking for Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Advice

So i have a 1996 Firebird with a 3.8 series II the car is not in the best shape but pretty good for 500 dallors i have been inside the motor with a full rebuild and it runs really good but i can not decide if i should try to sell this car and buy one 98 or newer of course a V6 because its way to much fun beating people and opening the hood to show off the six pack mainly just wondering what peoples ideas are on the body styles?

Re: Looking for Advice

hell keep the car and just do a front clip swap and tail light swap to either the LT1 tails or 98+

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

You have any place for the info on what you would all need

Comment

if you do a search on here it should come up there. if not, check ls1tech and search, its been done many times on 93-97s.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
          hell keep the car and just do a front clip swap and tail light swap to either the LT1 tails or 98+
          yeah do that, youve already rebuilt the motor so you know its good. it wont be that much to do the front end swap

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=63722

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Keep the pre-98 body style and use the money you would spend on the front clip to mod it! That's what I would do!

Comment

The nice thing about that conversion is that GM never painted any 98-02's DPG.

So its kind of a one of car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachius View Post
                  Keep the pre-98 body style and use the money you would spend on the front clip to mod it! That's what I would do!
                  I'd 2nd that. The 1993-1997 body style was the Firebird at its sleekest. If you look at the profiles of the 93-97 bumper to bumper with the 98-02 model, the 93-97 looks lower, longer (especially Trans Am front bumper), and sleeker.

Use the money for mods!
                  2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
                    I'd 2nd that. The 1993-1997 body style was the Firebird at its sleekest. If you look at the profiles of the 93-97 bumper to bumper with the 98-02 model, the 93-97 looks lower, longer (especially Trans Am front bumper), and sleeker.

Use the money for mods!

X2 :banana:

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

get a camaro! :D
                      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Having owned a 95 V6 Bird as my DD and a 94 TA as my Drag car and now a 2001 V6 Bird as the DD and a 99 TA as my Drag car,I prefer the later models curvy look.

They still look modern to me,the pointy beaks are showing their age. JMHO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X