anyone watching this **** in japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone watching this **** in japan?

the first mistake is living in cali. period. the second mistake is thinking the american peeps will even remember or give a damn 2wks from now, because this country has a short, SHORT memory.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

I'm hearing those in Vancouver should receive a wake up call by this as well. Gotta love mother nature
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
        Gotta love paranoia. Its like expecting to be in a train wreck and not step foot on a locomotive in 20 years. I could understand preparing for a hurricane in your case, but not MAJOR flooding out of the blue. I don't worry about such things.

Its not paranoia... I don't keep supplies on hand for hurricanes even though I should. You get a week or so notice, and its only seasonal so its not that bad to get supplies.

It doesn't have to be a big disaster to see how quickly **** gets. Bad ice storm, bad thunder storm, I guess an earthquake.

I have just lived the aftermath of hurricanes, I have never suffered any catastrophic life changing damage to my stuff other then a roof shingle buff job on one of my Camaros.

The scary part is no electricity and no fuel. Drive around and notice above ground powerlines and the trees around them, imagine, trees going down everywhere overwhelming repair crews.

I have seen people wait 3 hours for gas, I have personally seen fights and weapons pulled at a gas station, one so bad, to leave the situation, I ran over a hedge and drove through a ditch, because I was blocked in. (imagine, 200 people fighting to get to the only gas station with a generator selling fuel, dozen or so say **** the lines and just bum rush the station, all exits are blocked, and people waiting for hours are pissed, and fights start. No police, just a 1 gas station attendent hiding inside, I had filled up and there was no way for me to get out, people were getting stupid I left the situation.)

Don't forget Cell towers don't work without power. Same with gas station pumps. FL has smartened up, and most have generators. I live in SC now, I doubt any of them do, god forbid my area gets hit with a bad hurricane, I expect a good 2 weeks of no power.

Grocery store is there... but its closed, staff didn't show up as most people don't show up to a bull**** job at the first sign of a disaster, and they have no power and its against code to let people into buildings like that so they shut up tight.

The stores that have stand alone generators, get flooded as not only is 5 stores of people shopping at 1 store, the mentality is there is no more food, buy as much as I can afford/carry, so the shelves empty fast. So once again, fights and arguments over the last box of pop tarts on the shelf, understaffed store, and police are all out watching for looters or directing traffic, not helping out at grocery stores.

It sucks.... Know whats nice, having supplies at your place and not having to run out and even go near that **** to deal with it.

If I lived in CA... I'd have a 2 week supply. **** whatever disaster, that state has already proven it can go to **** fast. I saw it on the news live when I was a kid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-LB94Kwlws

Lets not forget how things were after Katrina.... people were shooting at rescue workers.
        Last edited by DAS BOOT; 03-13-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I have 3 aunts and 1 uncle in Sendai and thankfully, they are all ok. There is no electricity and it is snowing and freezing outside. The tsunami did not reach their houses, thank God, and other than knocked-over furniture and no electricity, their houses had no major damage.

Japan builds homes and building stronger than most countries because they are so earthquake prone.

The same goes for the CA bay area since we get quakes from time to time, though we haven't had a big quake for a while now.

I hope that we never have to experience a quake higher than 6.0. That Loma Prieta quake was very scary and it was a small one compared to the ones in Japan and Brazil lately.

We do prepare what we can: we have 2 months' worth of canned food and cereal and 10 1-gallon jugs of drinking water if we ever need it.

Why do we live here and not move? Because our jobs are here, our relatives are here, the best weather is here (no snow, no ice storms, or hurricanes, or tornadoes, or floods). We only have to prepeare for earthquakes if or whenever it happens.

It doesn't really matter where you live, there's always an upside and a downside to any state.
          2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X