This is a heck of a deal; I love when Sears messes up! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a heck of a deal; I love when Sears messes up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a heck of a deal; I love when Sears messes up!

So I ordered this kit from Sears just because I wanted a new creeper and jack stands, figured the jack would suffice while I looked for a good deal on a 3 ton.

here is the kit:
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950114000P

After tax/shipping and duty the kit came out $69.83.

When the kit arrived it was clear it had been thrown around.... I opened it up and found a small tear (inch long at most) in the padding on the creeper. I called Sears and they said "no problem UPS will come pick it up" well to make a long story short after being told that three times, UPS never came.... I called upper management and I was refunded a large % of my money and I ended up paying $24.99!

Thanks for messing up, Sears! :D
    Last edited by 1997Canadian3.8; 02-23-2011, 10:57 AM.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Re: This is a heck of a deal; I love when Sears messes up!

yesir
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

How wide is that creeper? I lay down on mine and my back fills up the cushion and one of the handles.

That jack looks good, I need a longer pump stick on mine.
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Even the non-discount price isn't bad. If I didn't have all that stuff minus the creeper I'd go for it.

Comment

ive had like 8 creepers and never used one of them lol.
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
            How wide is that creeper? I lay down on mine and my back fills up the cushion and one of the handles.

That jack looks good, I need a longer pump stick on mine.
            I'm not sure how wide the creeper is but I fit on it ok....
            In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
            2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
              same here, they are annoying, and require you to jack the car up even higher

Comment

I've used creepers on airplanes byt not cars... you don't have to move around that much...

as for crapsmen jacks... they are junk

Comment

i guess i take that back. ive used it on my 3.5" lifted jeep to work on sometimes.. but even then i still am not a fan of them. haha.
                  Dave:
                  00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                  97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

i had a chance to get this kit on black friday but didnt after i read the reviews..everyone posted (and i mean everyone) bad things..like the jack fails after a couple of months to a year if you dont take care of it and also the creeper something happens to the wheels or something..also i cant remember but i think after a year sears doesn't replace it..but awesome deal you got though!! :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
                      i had a chance to get this kit on black friday but didnt after i read the reviews..everyone posted (and i mean everyone) bad things..like the jack fails after a couple of months to a year if you dont take care of it and also the creeper something happens to the wheels or something..also i cant remember but i think after a year sears doesn't replace it..but awesome deal you got though!! :rock:
                      Heck, I figure if all that breaks $25 for brand new jack stands and a tire iron isn't a bad deal!
                      In America's Hat!

Comment

:tup:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                          :tup:
                          bibby, excellent addition to your signature!!!!
                          In America's Hat!

Comment

;) :) :p

if ya cant beat em, lock em out.
                            Last edited by vanbibber; 02-24-2011, 10:10 PM.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
                              I have a $120 creeper and never use it.LOL
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X