Money to be made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money to be made?

I've been toying with the idea of parting out 4th gen F-Body's, mostly Camaro's. I'm wondering, there seems to be a demand for parts around my area.

If I can buy a 4th gen with a blown engine or a bad trans for $600, take my time and part everything out utilizing craigslist and ebay, is there money to be made?

Of course I would try to go for those cars with leather interior and power options.

Re: Money to be made?

unless you are getting LT1's or LS1's I doubt it, even then people will just buy it for the drive train.

If you have a lot of time I guess it would be beneficial, but then that's packaging time, trips to the post office, pulling parts of, getting estimates. Of course there is also finding a car with potential, give it some TLC and try flipping it.

If you have the time, I'd say go for it, try one car and make sure you come out on top money wise and see how you like it.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

If you have the time and space and don't pay a lot for the car it seems to me there would be money to be made. Expecially if the interior is in good shape. I go to the U-Pull-it once in a while and most of the f-bodys are pretty picked over so there is a pretty good demand for parts.

Comment

Actually I have a guy here locally that does that he makes good money he parts them out and flips the cars aswell but he only deals with Ls1's and Lt1's he has had some sixxers but his prices are way up there like 5k for a fair condition sixxer with 75k to 90k on the dash. His V8 Fbody's are a little bit cheaper but they always need some work of some sort. There is money to be made but you have to price your parts cheaper than a wrecking yard.

Comment

I've done it. You need a lot of free time, patience, and space. I've kicked around the idea of doing it again, but time is a factor at the moment, and the lack of decent available cars. I've got plenty of space, over 1000 acres of farm land :)
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

i guess x2 time and money. you probably live in a city and won't have room for everything though.
            Last edited by ACiFiC; 02-14-2011, 02:32 PM.
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

space, time, shipping capabilities, etc are all things that are needed. Depending on the price of each car, there can be money in it, but if you can't ship the big items that will limit what you can part out on them.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

agreed with everything said before... and ive done it also.

if you dont have a job and an open garage, i say go for it!
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Thats the unfortunate thing about it. I can only fit four cars in my driveway, two of which can be wrecks. They would sit next to the house and out of sight so nobody would complain.

I also have 19 acres at my parents house not far from me in Indiana, but the travel might become annoying.

Just kickin' the idea around...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X