Your slowest speed spinout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your slowest speed spinout?

No joke, if you've spun your car what's the slowest speed you've spun it at?

For me 5mph. Long story short I'm idling in a parking lot and barely tap the gas going around the turn, traction control was on. Thank god there were no other cars because it was completely unexpected and before I knew it I was facing the wrong direction. My passenger door would have ended up in someone's rear quarter panel. It was on a fairly new paved black top surface combined with a light rain and that turned it into something like ice.

I've had this car 5 years now and had it sideways at 40 and had no problems getting it back under control. I drive it super careful in the rain so this just blew me away that I lose it at 5. I just don't get it.

This happened to any of you?
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Re: Your slowest speed spinout?

I went through a puddle in my truck and at 5 mph it had me sideways, the Camaro has such great traction it hardly ever goes sideways, even in the rain.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The only time I've gone sideways is on purpose!!!

I assume you're talking about poor weather?
      In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
      2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Completely sideways or just had the back end kick out a little bit?
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah poor weather. I just thought it was funny that I get it sideways on purpose all the time, when there's no other traffic of course, and of all things I lose it at 5 lol. I've driven in rain that was almost sideways with the wind blowing me around and not had that happen. It was embarrassing as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
            Completely sideways or just had the back end kick out a little bit?
            About 140 degrees, enough to where it almost would have been easier to just keep going around lol

Comment

When it was like 12 below I did 7mph around a corner and the rear came out.:rant:

Comment

never had an issue. ive busted a few donuts intentionally

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

My old '96 hydro planed and spun out on the highway at 60 mph... Yeah that wasnt pretty. (i know it's not slow but t'was scary)
                  -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Slowest was just bad driving... almost hit a curb. Like 3? Fastest Was in the Grand Prix. Bout 15" of snow and I spun at 55ish..

Comment

Did a 90* into an icebank(frozen snow bank) on black ice at about 20kmh with my peg leg 95 'Bird.

Cracked the beak and knocked the right turn signal out.

Comment

The slowest was probably 25 mph, I was going up my favorite road that I like drifting the corners on, and I had the rear out and it touched on some wet leaves and spun the whole car. That's about the only time I've lost control of it.
                        Last edited by 96blackmaro; 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I've done donuts in the snow about about 5mph on the rear wheels.

During a different storm, I was driving on a street that was sheer ice and was in first gear at about 1000 rpm (wasn't even registering on the speedo) and the back was getting kicked out.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I was messing around with my buddy when I still had the auto and it was wet, I ripped the E and spun a 180 and ended up killing the engine because I started rolling backwards. It was fun though.

Comment

I would have to say the slowest was probably 5mph.. on bald back tires i hit the gas a little bit when coming out of a side street and i completely spun it 180*.. I couldnt get out of it because the tires were just sliding on the pavement.

other than that, I have had the car sideways a few times, once doing about 35 going around a bend while it was wet, and all of the rest are intentional.

All of my spinouts have been with BFG tires, I have never had a problem with any other tire i have had on the car, therefore i dont trust bfg at all.

I have had more problems with going sideways in my fwd car in the snow than i ever had with the camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X