Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wife

Hi guys,

My wife passed away today, Feb. 3rd, 2011. It is the saddest day of my life. She went through a lot, but her weak heart couldn't make it:

Friday Jan. 21st.

Went to the emergency because there was blood in her stool. It is believed that she had bacterial infection. She vomitted a lot of bile, while at the emergency room.

Sat. Jan. 22nd

Wife got admitted but test results came back negative on any type of bacteria, but it is still believed to be an infection. My wife can't seem to eat any food.

Sun. Jan. 23rd

Not much urine output and still vomitting. It is believed that her kidneys are dried up.

Mon. Jan. 24th

Got a call from a doctor to come to the hospital immediately because my wife was becoming confuse. I saw my wife and I started crying because I knew there was something wrong.

Around 6pm my wife has lost all ability to think. She started twitching all over her body, including her face. Her last word to me was "I love you" before going into that twilight.

It is believed that her kidneys and liver are failing and her heart took a heavy toll. I decided to stay with her all the way.

Tues. Jan. 25th

7:30am right in front of the neurologist who wish to examine her brain for possible brain damage, my wife threw a violent seizure that lasted for 2 mins. 10:00am My wife threw a 2nd seizure more violent than the first.

Doctors decided to pump her full of IV fluid in order to hydrate the kidneys and get them started, but they never did and all of the fluid went to her body and turn into an edema.

They decided to threat her with very powerful anti-biotics.

Wed. Jan. 26th

Doctors decided to put her in isolation and insert a tube in her mouth to help her breathe because her CO2 level was high.

My wife started spitting out blood because of pulmonary hypertension which weakened her heart even more. Blood pressure dropped significantly and she was given BP medication.

Thurs. Jan. 27th

Doctors needed to give her dialysis because of edema and toxins in her body, but her blood pressure continued to drop and her heart rate was at 160-170 per min.

The doctor told me that she is going to die now. He wanted to shock her in order to reset the heart, but I said NO, because it could also stop her heart. I recommended Beta Blockers to slow it down and more BP medication to increase blood pressure.

Doctors gave her 4 different types of BP medications to increase her blood pressure. Becausee of this it constricted the flow of blood to her limps. Blood still continues to ozz out of mouth.

Fri. Jan. 28th

They were able to do dialysis, but they couldn't pull the fluids out because the BP kept dropping.

The Anti-biotics and all of the IV fluids which are 7 of them has caused my wife's skin to break, especially on her buttocks, neck, thigh, and upper arm. So the nurses started treating her like a burnt victim.

Sat. Jan. 29th.

They were able to do dialysis, but they only pulled 1 liter out. BP is holding steady and heart rate was at 120.

Sun. Jan. 30th

They were able to pull out 1.5 liter of fluid from her body.

Mon. Jan. 31st

They skip dialysis because BP was unstable. Her skin continued to break apart and the dermatologist was called to help.

Tues. Feb. 1st

They were able to do dialysis. Doctors were not optomistic about her prognosis and her situation was getting worst, esp. with her heart and lung. Her kidneys were gone and fluid from the liver was going to her stomach.

Wed. Feb. 2nd

We had to discuss about my wife's situation, do I continue to let the doctors treat her eventhough it was a losing battle and let her suffer with her skin and blood ozzing out from her lungs which is slowly drowning her or do I take her out of life support? I was in tears and very lost.

Thurs. Feb. 3rd

5:00am My wife's eyes opened up and she was looking at me. I asked her what she wanted to do. We starred at each other's eyes for a long time and I believe she gave me her answer with her gestures.

1:30pm Her family and my family were at her bedside. My wife opened up her eyes again and was looking at all of us. We all said our tearful goodbye to her.

2:10pm Her life support was taken out and she was given 5mg of morphin to help her relax. As soon as the tubes and IV's were taken out blood came out her mouth and her blood pressure plummeded and her heart rate went down as well. She was struggling to catch her breath.

2:30pm My wife was no more. I know my wife didn't want to die so soon and that's what is hurting me. She's only 38. We promised each other that we would grow old together. She was so scared of dying that she can't even make a will. I pray to God that He comforts her.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: My Wife

I think this is goodbye for me too. You guys have been awesome. To the admins, thank you for this site. I will continue on with my V6 Fbody. It's in my blood now.

Adriana R. Garcia

May 31st. 1972 to February 3rd 2011

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God give you strength in this time of mourning, and may the support of friends and family be there for you and help you through this tragedy. You are not alone.
        2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

I teared up reading your story.

My condolences.

God Bless.
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Saints of God, come to her aid!
            Come to meet her, angels of the Lord!
            Receive his/her soul and present her to God the Most High.

May Christ, Who called you, take you to Himself;
            may angels lead you to Abraham's side.
            Receive her soul and present her to God the Most High.

Give her eternal rest, O Lord,
            and may Your light shine upon her forever.
            Receive his/her soul and present her to God the Most High.

We commend our sister, Adriana to you, Lord.
            Now that she has passed from this life,
            may she live on in Your presence.
            In Your mercy and love, forgive whatever sins she
            may have committed through human weakness.
            We ask this through Christ our Lord.
            Amen.
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

edgar man...i cant say anything that will make it better. im in tears for you right now, im so very sorry for your loss. keep visiting, please you make a great contribution to the site.

not sure if your catholic, but ill light a candle at church on sunday.

-kyle
              Last edited by flamingchicken; 02-04-2011, 12:38 AM.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

This is unbelievable, i wish you the best. Stay strong.
                Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Edgar,

I am so sorry. I know I can't say anything that will make the hurt go away. I can only say that I am sure that She is watching down on you now. My thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.

Jeff
                  Last edited by Pewter02Camaro; 02-04-2011, 12:48 AM.
                  Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                  Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                  Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                  Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                  Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Edgar, I'm incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are also with you and your family.

Comment

im so sorry to hear about this Ed. words cant really express it. ill keep you in my thoughts and prayers my friend. we'll be here if you need us. if you ever need to vent shoot me a message on here, ill make time for it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

A better place isn't good enough for someone so sweet, and dear. A better place isn't good enough for her, she's in the very best place now. As for the situation, at least it wasn't sudden. Those chances to say goodbye really do mean the world in the time coming. You were there the whole way, and you did the very best thing possible. That takes some serious commitment, and she'd appreciate it. Keep doing what you do, she's still with you when you need her, Ed. I think anyone here would gladly stick their neck out for you, don't be afraid to ask.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this Edgar , i'LL pm you the rest.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

my gosh edgar, i'm so sorry. deff made me cry. I know it's been a long battle.
                            Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening,
                            but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love.
                            It can't take away our memories either.
                            In the end, life is stronger than death.

if you ever need anything you know you have a family here with many of us also.
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Ed, stay strong man. My prayers are with you and your family.
                              Dave:
                              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X