Whoaa Rare Export Camaro Spec part found on ebay - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whoaa Rare Export Camaro Spec part found on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whoaa Rare Export Camaro Spec part found on ebay

Originally posted by Niko97RS View Post
    i understand the fender blinkers for legal/safety reasons...but the weird tail lights and folding mirrors...whats the point?
    The folding mirror, are for safety reasons for bikers or something like that, if you hit some one, they fold in,

The "weird tail lights", they are fog lights, you must put them on , if the mist is closer than 50m (i don't know in inches), all European cars must have this if they are newer as 1999.
    They must protect you from getting hit from behind in the mist.

There are more differences, European Camaro´s do have standard Firebird seats, because of the adjustable headrests, if you put the headrest on the right height, they can protect your neck, when you getting hit from behind in a car accident.
    So, not all the things are stupid or ugly, some things they are made for a reason !

Last edited by pv-camaro; 01-24-2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

man that interior look super nice!
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

man those seats look nice lol.

Rob, whats going on with you in Vietnam? whats with these weird posts? lol
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
          That's one thing I always kind of wanted to put on my car, except not so bulky and orange.
          I'm picturing maybe a smaller clear lens with a few orange L.E.D's.
          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
            I'm picturing maybe a smaller clear lens with a few orange L.E.D's.
            That's about what I'm thinking.

I've never seen perforated leather door panels in these. Is that a Euro-spec thing too?

As for the tail lights, those fog lights are mounted on the bumper, yeah? I think the question was why the Euro-spec tail lights are arranged differently even though they have the same lenses for the same purposes. Although as I understand it, not even all Euro-spec Camaros had the euro tail lights.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Ha I had no idea that was your Camaro, all I did was type export Camaro on google and that came up.

Comment

That interior looks brand new... Very nice, clean car!
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

yeah, those things look terrible. absolutely no flow.... a big square mirror on a rounded car, no thanks...

Comment

Comero drivers just wish they had Firebird mirrors.

The leahter seats look good in the Camaro. That looks like Trans Am seats.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

they basically are

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                        That's about what I'm thinking.

I've never seen perforated leather door panels in these. Is that a Euro-spec thing too?

As for the tail lights, those fog lights are mounted on the bumper, yeah? I think the question was why the Euro-spec tail lights are arranged differently even though they have the same lenses for the same purposes. Although as I understand it, not even all Euro-spec Camaros had the euro tail lights.
                        The interior is complete stock,

this is my RPO code sticker:

about the fog lights, these are the official European fog lights
                        I hope i can explain something, there is a difference in Europe to buy a new American car (official import through a dealer) and when i buy a used car in America, and ship it to the Netherlands.
                        When you buy a new American car in Europe, it has to meet all regulations (headrest seats, foglights, blinkers on the side of the front fender, folding mirrors, different headlights)

When you buy a used American car, except for the headlights and foglights, the only thing the goverment do is, make a notification on the paperwork of the car, like special smaller licence plates, because the official european licence plates are bigger, but these plates don't fit on a American Bumper.

Sorry for my bad english, it is difficult to write this down for me in English

Comment

You actually speak clearer English than a lot of American's I know, certainly better than some of the people on this board...

So could you post a picture of the rear of your car? I'm curious how the euro bumper looks and if you have the Euro tail lights.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

He has the regular lights, I thought I remembered seeing that car before.

http://v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=2964

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
                              Comero drivers just wish they had Firebird mirrors.
                              Agreed, I love firebird mirrors. Speaking of which, are they the reason I can hear so much air turbulence coming from my A pillar at highway speeds? I'm thinking it's either that or the oddly grooved weatherstripping.
                              sigpic

Comment

I should buy them, I'm planning on getting the German candy corn tail lights sooner or later.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  4 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X