I'm stoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stoked

I'm trying to fix my sister's '93 Sentra (which she drives it like nobody's business) and I notice a couple of things. The Thermostat keeps getting busted. I mean literally the spring is pushed all the way in causing all of the coolant to go into the engine.

When you turn on the heater the coolant fan goes off.

And there's a SES light (OBD I) which I'm not going to pay Pep Boys 80 bucks to have it check. But I can't find a OBD I scanner for Nissan, which I have for my Fiero and Firebird where I only paid 5 bucks for.

This could be an indicator for the coolant sensor.

So any clue on the coolant, thermostat, and fan?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: I'm stoked

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
    I'm trying to fix my sister's '93 Sentra (which she drives it like nobody's business) and I notice a couple of things. The Thermostat keeps getting busted. I mean literally the spring is pushed all the way in causing all of the coolant to go into the engine.

When you turn on the heater the coolant fan goes off.

And there's a SES light (OBD I) which I'm not going to pay Pep Boys 80 bucks to have it check. But I can't find a OBD I scanner for Nissan, which I have for my Fiero and Firebird where I only paid 5 bucks for.

This could be an indicator for the coolant sensor.

So any clue on the coolant, thermostat, and fan?

Not sure about your problem but my buddy has a 1992 Sentra and I know your pain, he knows nothing about cars and I can never find anything for the car.... Let me know if you find a decent website with information he needs a new U-joint and a few random parts.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

this is for a 240sx...may work for you aswell. just give it a read and see.

http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/ecm_codes_doch.htm
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Hey, that's great. I printed out those codes.

I'm going to the junkyard and see if I can find a radiator and some hoses. I'll probably will change the Coolant Temp. Sensor and see how it goes from there.

Comment

what'd you get done edgar??
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I have always used "stoked" to mean "very excited."
            2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
            2006 S60- Sold
            2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
              i agree...i think he meant to write "stumped"

Comment

x2.. i was reading the story expecting something awesome to happen. nothing. what a let down.
                -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Originally posted by huggercamaro99 View Post
                  x2.. i was reading the story expecting something awesome to happen. nothing. what a let down.
                  werd :poke:

Comment

the thermostat problem is pretty common, replace it and make sure the thermostat housing isnt cracked anywhere.

Comment

What can I say, I grew up in the '80's where bad means good and far out means cool. Stoked means intoxicated or stupefied with a drug. LOL

Originally posted by flamingchicken

what'd you get done edgar??
                      I have the fan switch and the coolant bypass hose. Soon replacing the themostat and have to go to the junkyard and look for a temp. housing. I'm trying to take out the ECM so I can read the code from that. I just found out that early nissans have their flashing codes next to it. Hopefully I can get a flashing code that register with the codes you gave me. Thanks Kyle.

Comment

if you need any help, shoot me a pm, my buddy works at a nissan dealership, he knows everything there is to know about them.. he always confuses the hell out of me with all of this rbtd66ee or whatever talk

Comment

dude, my 82 280Z is an early nissan, you caint do the paper clip trick for the car?
                          1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                          2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                          94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go View Post
                            dude, my 82 280Z is an early nissan, you caint do the paper clip trick for the car?
                            i looked that up and couldnt find any information on it. i was tryiing to verify the ports to bridge.
                            Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              1 hour ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X