dumb question but cant find answer anywhere - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dumb question but cant find answer anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question but cant find answer anywhere

is my 2002 3.8 motor camaro an rs?

i was under the assumption that there is an ss, a z28, and the rest are all rs camaros. can anyone offer any explanation?

Jon

Re: dumb question but cant find answer anywhere

No. RS's technically were never available after 97. RS is a body kit and spoiler package on early 4th gens (96 and 97), similar to the sport appearance package offered in later years.
    Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 09-15-2010, 12:24 AM.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

ok i see. according to one site slp took some v6s camaros and made them into their rs package for the 4.2 gen camaro. added racing stripes, upgraded grill and a few mods to the motor.

Comment

True. The SLP RS's are very rare though, so it's easier to generalize and say they were not available after 97. In any case, they weren't available straight from GM as RS's.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
          True. The SLP RS's are very rare though, so it's easier to generalize and say they were not available after 97. In any case, they weren't available straight from GM as RS's.
          yup, if its over 97' its not an RS.. but i would say they are unofficially RS's

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
            Eh - The late SS Camaros were built on the same SLP line as the RS's. Basically the only difference is that they made a boatload more SS's.
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X