A new car for the wife..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new car for the wife..

Her '02 Cavalier LS Sport was totalled in an accident three months ago. The insurance cut us a check for pretty much what the car was worth (not a whole not). I've been getting nagged at because I have three vehicles and she has none. I keep telling her they are OUR vehicles but she doesn't see it that way. She has since taken over the Buick and left me to use the Camaro as my daily driver.. which is not what I intended when I bought the car.

She is a veterinarian technician and also rehabilitates abused and neglected dogs and cats at our home. She absolutely hates the Buick and I was screamed at for constantly *****ing about the pet hair in the car. How does that work?? So in order to keep my marriage in-tact she wants to trade in the LaCrosse for a crossover SUV or something similar that she can put pet portals in the back of. We cannot afford another car payment and right now I don't have much of a choice.

We are looking for something small or mid-sized, FWD or 4WD, automatic, that will get around 30 MPG. I refuse to trade in the LaCrosse for anything I don't approve of.. and the Scion xB was the first to make that list.

She really likes the Nissan Cube which I thought would make a great car for what she wants to do! We looked at a used '05 TrailBlazer but she feels it is a bit too much for her. I would love to have a used 4Runner but I'm confident that would fall in the same catagory as the TrailBlazer.

We have a long list of vehicles to still look at. Do any of you own a vehicle similar to what we are looking for, have you been happy with it and would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: A new car for the wife..

Pontiac sunfire.. what girl doesn't want a sunfire?
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

:banana: Haha.. No.

Comment

Originally posted by ACiFiC View Post
        Pontiac sunfire.. what girl doesn't want a sunfire?
        This one.

See if you can find a used Nissan Rogue.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Found this Rogue on cars.com not far from us in Columbus, OH. They seem a bit overpriced compared to other vehicles in it's class.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Comment

Get her a subaru station wagon. Its got awd or 4wd depending how old it is, plenty of room for animals, and gets good gas mileage.
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro
            L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

pics of the wife so we can give better idea's of what type of car she should have.
              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Last edited by Jtels2593; 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Dude, I lol'd at Matts post... but really lol'd when you actually posted the pic. I didn't expect you to.

We have a 2006 Ford Expedition, but it may be out of your price range, and its not great on gas lol. It's a tank and I wouldn't have it any other way. For you though, since you like Buicks, maybe a Rendezvous would suit. They're kinda cheap I think...
                  #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Lol.. well he asked for a pic so there ya go.

The Rendezvous will never happen.. although that is the type of vehicle we are shopping for. I like Buick cars, but the SUV's are silly.

She mentioned a Chevy HHR. I picked up a free Auto Guide at Marathon and there are quite a few in there with decent miles and within our budget. I personally like the metallic orange color.

Comment

You look young!

Comment

Thats because I am young. I'm 25 and she is 23.

Comment

This is me..

That was my old Z28 in the background. I miss that car :(

Comment

Dude... I had to... lol

#1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Haha.. I'm kinda confused about that pic, but ok.

That pic was from my crazier years.. I kinda mellowed out since.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X