Trying to become a foster parent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to become a foster parent.

Not your typical foster parent.... but one for a cat.

I never knew that there were foster homes for pets.

We currently have 2 cats. One was born in a shelter and that is all he knows. He lived only in a cage until he adopted us. He is EXTREMELY shy with people - he runs and hides when anyone comes over. The other cat was born in a shelter and went straight into a foster home. He grew up in a loving home with a mommy and 5 other cats. He is extremely affectionate, social, and loves anyone who comes in the house.

The organization that fostered him is in the link below.
    http://www.startpets.org/home.html

Usually when people want to adopt a dog or cat, they look for a social affectionate one - not a shy and scaired one. I now see how a foster home has made a difference in animals.

My wife and I have talked about this on and off and we finally agreed to do it so I submitted the application the other day.

I'm very excited. I'm a HUGE mush when it comes to animals... especially cats.

I've always grown up trying to help out those in need.... I was a boy scout for 8+ years and helped the community in many ways.... volunteer firefighter for 12+ years.... always donate my used clothes/ shoes etc to salvation army.... donate blood/ plasma/ wbc rbc's on a regular basis....... donate pet food, supplies and toys to local animal shelters and various other things.

They actually cover all pet supplies, food, vet etc..... but I wouldn't have minded paying for all of that stuff anyways. All you need to do is provide a loving home and take care of them.

So.... I'm just waiting for someone to contact me for an interview and a tour of my house (they need to make sure it is safe and pet friendly) and I'll post up pictures of the new cat.

If you are interested in this, check out your local animal shelter as they should have more information on local animal fostering etc.
    Last edited by 12secondv6; 08-27-2010, 09:54 PM.
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Re: Trying to become a foster parent.

I have 2 stray cats that I'm feeding every morning myself. But I think one of them might be pregnant. I'm hoping she's not, because I would hate to call animal shelter. Calif. is broke right now and they'll just put the mother to sleep before she gives birth. I know there's a rule against this, but Calif. is so liberal you just don't know where it's going anymore.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Re: Trying to become a foster parent.

Wow - I keep learning new things. Thanks for the info James and congrats. I hope it all works out.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X