Would you buy these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy these?

A guy on craigslist is selling some BFG 335/35/17 tires , brand new for $200 for both ,still have stickers on them. But looking online BFG doesn't make these tires anymore, last I saw them talked about was in 06'. he says their not dry rotted or anything and have been garage kept. They will fit my 17 X 11 rims and I have cut out the bump stops when I put on the 315's so theres another 1"+ of space on the inside, so I'm pretty sure they would fit without any issues , but that old of a tire concerns me, so I have held off. What do you guys think?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Would you buy these?

i would get them NOW but....cant because i have no cash..i just have tons of camaro stuff i could trade. lol

Comment

I'm sure those things went for well over 300 a piece new, I'd go for it. First have him check the date code on the side though, I would be wary of buying them if they were made much more than 5 years ago.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Ask him to send you a pic of the last 4 digits of the DOT #. Don't know if you know how to read them but the last 4 are the manufacturing date. The first 2 are the week the last 2 being the year.

Comment

Hmm, they're 4 years old. But then again he is selling it dirt cheap. I guess go for it.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

He lives like 4 miles from me so I can check them out anytime. I might go check them out this week. Still kind of worried a discontinued tire and 4-5 years old.hmmmm
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

the rear tires on my car are 7 years old lol no dry rot or anything and still a decent amount of tread (only gone about 30k)

Comment

not to long ago i purchased some rear black deep dish ZR1s 17X11 ..

for my Good Year GSC 315s ..
                the corvette ZR1 LT5 from the 90s came stock with these..
                the gsc are discontinued tires.. hard to find now a days but still out there.

brand new they were $350+ each .. which i bought them NEW for $360 for both SHIPPED.

they have now upgrade to the gsc-ds or w/e..

my tires were stored in a cool garage for idk how long ...no problems what so ever..they HOOK WELL.

id jump on them for $200. thats $100 a piece for new 335s !!! just check out the condition..make sure the rubber is good.. not dry rot..cracks. also check the inside. :burn:

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Thats true I just might, I know in AZ since its so hot I had a tire outside for about 2 years and it dryrotted on the rim, it was a BFG G-force 275/40/17. But then again I don't need new tires, and 335's are huge, I think 315's would be the biggest I would go. I know the 315 Sumuitos I run now and Nittos are thinner than like Toyo's, Prerills and BFG's. I just wished the Sumuitos would grip better, my 275 G-Force tires grip better than 315 Sumuittos.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X