Almost ran over a dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost ran over a dog

I hit my brakes so hard that my air deflector scraped the asphalt hard. I thought for a moment that it broke off. I was going 50mph I think.

That was a mini doberman pincher too. Amazing how quick my reaction was without a moments thought. My bird would've made minch meat out that thing if I didn't see it.

Has anything like this ever happen to you?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: Almost ran over a dog

Actually it hasn't to me.... because luckily everything that's come in front of my bumper has been small enough that I didn't feel the need to brake hard. Although, after getting my firebird this past winter, I found out from a loud THUMP that letting a squirrel or rabbit pass "harmlessly" between your wheels doesn't work so well with a lower radiator air dam.
    sigpic

Comment

Had a squirrel fall out of a tree in front of me. Almost ran off the road from laughing so hard.
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Had a cat run in front of the Camaro about a month back.
        Ran out in front, and I flat spotted the tires a little. Cat got to live another day.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc View Post
          Had a squirrel fall out of a tree in front of me. Almost ran off the road from laughing so hard.
          Reminds me of a few years back I was driving down a really hilly 1 mile stretch of road when I came to the top of one of the small hills and saw a squirrel not 30 feet in front of me, right in the middle of my lane. I'm doing like 40 mph. He sees me, runs 2 feet to the right, panics (I'm now 15 feet from him), runs 2 feet back to the left, realizes he's not gonna make it out of my way, he JUMPS STRAIGHT UP into the air- I swear he got at least 2 feet off the ground, I mean this squirrel was scared ****less- and the instant he lands his little paws on the pavement I roll over top of him. *THUMP*.

I also almost ran off the road from laughing. I'm cracking up as I write this, and it happened like 3 years ago while I was driving my mom's accord.
          sigpic

Comment

I had a dog run out in front of me on an open stretch of road last year. Had just picked up a friend and a mid-sized terrier ran out from some gas station parking lot. I hit the brakes hard enough to make the tires screech and scare the stupid thing off the road.

I have hit an armadillo at 60mph. It had wandered out in the middle of a narrow two lane and I had now way to go but over it. Heard it smack the air dam and saw it laying on the spot on the return trip. Fortunately didn't harm the air dam.

Oddly enough I've had a few birds swoop under the car. Some make it out, others not so lucky. Had one bounce off the driver's side mirror earlier this year. Didn't see it until I heard a small thump and saw a flash of red feathers in the mirror's reflection. Lol.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I detonated a kamikaze-cat off the front fender of the C6. He did a horizontal cartwheel in the rear view.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I'd never hit a single animal until this past year... within a few months I hit a deer, two raccoons, a squirrel and a turkey, all in the Impala.
                Me: 5 Mother Nature: 0
                Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I backed over my girlfriends dog when i was backing out of her driveway one time, It wasnt really my fault I was just backing up and this stupid dog is blind as a bat and deaf. After I backed over it they started hollaring at me to move the truck, so I put it in drive to move it, running it back over again for a second time.
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Everything I've owned has been lowered... some to extreme levels. This has resulted in some amazing incidences of flipping road kill.

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                    I heard a small thump and saw a flash of red feathers in the mirror's reflection. Lol.
                    Birds are natures fireworks.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

I was booking it around a blind bend (about a flat right 3) at about 40mph when I saw two starlings sitting right on the apex a few inches from the inside dirt. I ran them both over; they didn't even react. I didn't even brake. Serves them right for sitting right on the apex.
                      sigpic

Comment

Had this happen to me up at college, some kid let his dog run into the street barely stopped for it, but the worst that has happened to me was a vulture threw up a meal on my windshield and t-tops. Im pretty happy I left them on that day that was pretty gross.

Comment

Goose tried to take off in the grass median of a two-lane highway. Got about four feet in the air until it made contact with my driver-side mirror of my dodge ram at about 60... Laughed my a$$ off till I realized he broke my mirror

Comment

I was in my dads full-size Ford e-350 V10 van once back in Oregon and a whole flock of some random birds flew into the windshield and probably 10-12 all hit the windshield at once. It was pretty cool.
                            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Some of you guys are sick. Hurting an animal with a car is NEVER COOL or FUNNY.

Animals have to put up what we humans have done. So have a little respect for them.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X