That darn cat..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That darn cat..

We had our cats outside in the screened-in deck so we could do some house cleaning last Thursday. Our white and orange flame point Siamese cat ripped through the screen and jumped off of the deck, about an 18ft. drop. He had never done this before. The only time he ever managed to get out was slipping past us when the front door was open, but he always came back anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour later. It is now Monday and he still has yet to return. Samantha left some litter, food and water on the deck and left the screen door open hoping he would come back.

I have ads on craigslist L&F, Petfinder.com, the local paper, local country stations, ads on telephone poles and at the local grocery store and gas station in town. Not one call. I searched our entire property including the woods, knocked on the neighbors doors. He is my little buddy. Wherever I go in the house, he follows. He even lays on my chest at night and watches tv with us. We miss our cat and my wife has been so depressed. Has this ever happened to anyone?? We're not sure what else to do.

Where is Mr. Monkey?

Re: That darn cat..

He's not in Chicago.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Don't think ive seen him around here, and ironic enough my cat pizza "ran" away a couple weeks ago.. Pets only break hearts, unless you don't get attached to them
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Well back then when my town used to be the country side of things our neighbors were always loosing their cats to coyotes. Hopefully that's not the case with yours.

I am currently feeding this calico cat that's missing a tail and comes to our apartment every morning. He's pretty tame and I wonder if this cat used to have an owner. It wants to go inside our apartment, but my wife's health is compromised and the manager would charge us $300 for having one.

Good luck

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Lol,

We live in the country outside of Cincinnati (Southeast, Indiana) and there are coyote's around. The good thing is that he still has his claws.

Wherever he is, I hope somebody found him and is taking good care of him. I own a beagle hound and never liked cats my entire life. My wife is a vet tech and had Mr. Monkey and another cat when I met her. It took awhile but they grew on me. They are like little children with four paws and they play with our two dogs.

Mighty Thor, :tup: for feeding a stray!

Comment

Originally posted by Jtels2593 View Post
            Lol,

We live in the country outside of Cincinnati (Southeast, Indiana) and there are coyote's around. The good thing is that he still has his claws.

Wherever he is, I hope somebody found him and is taking good care of him. I own a beagle hound and never liked cats my entire life. My wife is a vet tech and had Mr. Monkey and another cat when I met her. It took awhile but they grew on me. They are like little children with four paws and they play with our two dogs.

Mighty Thor, :tup: for feeding a stray!
            Say, I used to work for AVID and we install chips on pets. Does yours have a chip?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I will GIVE you three new cats to help you with your loss.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Found him!

*Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

We had this HUGE cat that we 'babysat' one time for a dude I used to know and he skipped town and we ended up keeping him. His original name was Big Boy (lame) so we decided to call him Claw'd. (claude, which incidently also means lame) and we had him for a few years when I was in Oregon and he ran away on my property one day and never returned. I also have 2 cats now you can have. Ones name is Flea, who also was dumped on us, his owners left town and left him outside where I used to live, and the other is Cleo. They will love you. Free shipping.
                  #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

There are about 15 strays in my neighborhood. My next door neighbor feeds them, and at least one of them poops in my backyard every morning. I have found 2 litters behind my shed 2 different times. Its getting old. I have a medium sized dog that I cant leave in the yard when I leave because she will scale the fence and get out chasing the cats out.

Comment

As much as it pains me to say this (and you probably know this already) some animals will leave their homes to pass by themselves. I truly hope that this isn't that case. Pets, in general really rip your heart apart when they pass. After two dogs, 3 cats and numerous other animals, I just forced my mind to believe that they aren't "ours", we only "rent" them for the small amount of time they are here. I apologize for this not being some form of hope. The best thing to do is hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

Then again, it's not unheard of for a cat to take off for up to a week or two, then one day, just come slinking back home. I hope that this happens for you guys. Loss is never an easy thing, but an inevitable evil.

Comment

Our cat just turned two years old and he was in great health, running away to pass is not the case. Hopefully he will return..

And no thank you to the free cat offers. We have three other cats, a beagle and a blue fawn pit bull. I'm sorta maxed out right now.

Comment

my free cat offer was apparantly "inapropriate" according to bonermaro :rolleyes:
                          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                            my free cat offer was apparantly "inapropriate" according to bonermaro :rolleyes:
                            Either him or me would have erased it. Its good to be funny, but not at the expense of kicking a man in the balls when he's down.:tdown:
                            1995 Pontiac Firebird
                            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Your comment did not offend me..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X