I-95 - Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-95 - Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-95 - Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina

Some things I observed about I-95 while driving to and from Virginia in my Firebird (first time ever for me):

A. Virginia has horrible road maintenance! The right lane of I-95 in VA is almost undrivable in some areas. There are so many crummy repairs, it is like they've tried to make an interstate highway out of cobblestones. I tried to avoid that lane because I did not want to abuse my suspension. I-95 is fine throughout SC, GA and FL - but VA only managed to keep I-95 in decent shape in the southern portion of the state.

B. WTH is it with VA and NC - every other exit sign reads "301"? Yeah, that's real useful - tell someone, "OK, take the exit for highway 301 and then take a left..." SC has a few 301 exits, but nothing like VA and NC. Hell, I-95 even becomes 301 for a while.

C. A major life event: I finally got to stop at South of the Border (on 301, of course). Wahoo!
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: I-95 - Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina

Comment

I'm sure the difference in road conditions has alot to do with the difference in weather from South to North... I had friends in college from Florida, who were amazed (and annoyed) with how much road construction there always is up here, but that's what you get with 95 degree summers and 0 degree winters...

That's funny about all of the 301 exits... I was just thinking about that on Saturday on my way back from the Wheeling area. On 70, there is an exit for Rt. 40 just about every 5-10 miles... basically 40 is the old "main highway" and 70 is the new...
      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

We just drove down VA's I-95 this saturday to get to the outer banks, NC, and yeah it is horrible. I never considered it would have to do with the (often) 100 degree differences between summer and winter in the mid atlantic area, but it makes sense.

I've lived my whole life in MD and I could go on all day about what **** passes for "road maintenance" around here. I hit bumps and bottom out in the most random and absurd places, you'd think they purposefully make the roads with ONLY SUVs in mind. Makes my blood boil...
        sigpic

Comment

I think some of it must be that we never have to put salt on roads in Florida and the other southern states don't need to do it as often as the northern states.

But it makes no sense to me that the VA interstate is in bad condition - better than the regular surface roads. It seems to me the interstates should be maintained to a better standard than the regular roads.

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
            But it makes no sense to me that the VA interstate is in bad condition

obviously you've never seen this shizz durring the rush hours.
            :rant:

301 snakes back & forth, and 95 cuts stright thru it, a lot like livingston rd & Rt 210 on my side of the river
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X