Best beds for back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best beds for back?

I was looking at getting a king size bed , but wanted something thats going to good for my back pain. I see the memory foam beds and they look to be pretty good. I know the sleep # beds say their also good with the air in the matress. I have found a temperpedic king size bed for $1200 shipped which is the memory foam type bed. Anyone else know anything about the beds? I hope 12secondV6 sees this since I know he has posted about his back. Thanks for any help & input. Its also a tax write off so I'm not too much worried about price , just under $1500 would be nice though, since I had to buy a desk top PC:

- which I got for $375 shipped, I think a got a good deal, also 3 year warranty , a dell 3.2 GHZ thin case , 4 gb ram(or is it MB) don't remeber , 500 GB hard drive , DVD burner , XP pro. installed, 17" flat screen , speakers etc.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Best beds for back?

I know that stiff box spring beds are still the best. Even lying down and sleeping on a carpetted floor is good. It really does depend what kind of back pain you have. I know that no 2 back pain are ever alike.

I slipped my disc once from doing a heavy set of deadlift and follow it up with a heavy set of squat. I didn't think much of it because my adrenalin was going, but when I started to relax it hit me hard. Like a knife was going through my back. Doctor said I needed surgery, but a friend of mine recommended this chiropractor who happen to have worked on Arnold S. and Lou Ferrigno he was able to save my back.

My wife sleeps at a reclined position or almost sitting up with a back brace. I called 911 twice before because my wife accidentally slipped down and slept with her back flat. I couldn't move her because she was screaming from pain.

So I know what you're going through. I say go to your local mattress store and test them out. Doesn't Meatyshell work for a mattress place?
    Last edited by Mighty Thor; 07-31-2010, 02:33 PM.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Thats right he does, I fell about a month ago and it took my brother and Dad to get me up but I landed on a 20lB free weight and a box of spray paint cans, which my back is worse. I have pain shooting through my shoulders and then the middle back is numb and my lower back and tail bone is shooting firing pain all the time. So I want something that is soft but not too soft. Reading up on the foam beds their soft yo a point and if 250LB+ they say go with a med. level softness bed. , so I might try that. I thought about going and lying on them but I think that is a waste of time because your not sleeping on them, so I think I'll order a mattress and if it doesn't get me better sleep then send it back until I find the right bed. I think I'm also going to get the adjustable bed so it moves up and down in the legs and back area so I can get som relief without using 8 pillows under my legs. Thanks for the response Edgar. Hope you and your wife is doinf well. Did she get home yet?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

what about those sleep number beds?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
          what about those sleep number beds?

I looked at those and red some bad responses about them, their not really made for people with bad backs as serious as mine , I think I like the Foam beds thats adjustable with a medium confort. The bed and matresss it will be about $1300. It will sit about 30"s high and I think I'm going to order it this month. Thanks for the respones. I have to remember I will have surgery on my back sometime this year also.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            Hope you and your wife is doinf well. Did she get home yet?
            Thanks Steve. Yeh she's home now. They kept her longer because she developed an infection on both of her legs. They also took out 4 gallons of fluid off her belly and her back feels better, but now she's not eating much.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I have a sleep number bed and we love it! The quality is awesome. We'll never buy a different mattress again.

Comment

Sleep # was too much for a king size over $2200, so I got a new base with black leather headboard, side rails , 6 drawers (3 on each side) wraped in leather, with base for memory foam bed and a 13" memory foam matresss medium support for $1150 shipped to my front door. Will see how it works out, I almost bought a bed from Ikea will less stuff for $1400, taxes, shipping and extra fees for the slanted bed frame for the memory foam bed. I'm pleased with how much I saved, might get a nightstand and dresssor with the money I saved. Thanks again for your responses.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X