Sister rolled her Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sister rolled her Camaro

So my sister somehow found a way to roll her 98 V6 Camaro. Here's her description of it:

Going through construction, the road was making lots of noise. I thought "Wow, they did an AWFUL job with this road." But I hadn't heard it before, so I decided if it was still making that noise by the time I got onto the real pavement 100 ft. or so ahead, that I'd pull over and check my tires.

Well, the bump where the pavements meet must've been too much to handle, so it separated the tire completely. It fishtailed me clockwise (thank God nobody was in the right lane), and when I hit the shoulder sideways (not head on, I must have been facing traffic), it flipped my car, ultimately ending up in a ditch full of mud/water.

The passenger side took most of the damage (thank goodness I was alone). Lost my passenger window during the roll, and items in the back seat and passenger floor ended up outside next to it. Something hit me in the head as I rolled, but nothing big or concerning.

I declined the trip to the hospital, but am monitoring a mild pain next to my right shoulder blade. As shaken as I am, I bet it's just nerves.

...and that, kids, is why you wear your seat belt.
    Attached Files
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Re: Sister rolled her Camaro

More pics.
    Attached Files
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Wow - I was wondering how anyone manages to roll a 4th gen F-body - now I know.

I'm glad to hear she is OK.

Another 4th gen gone.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

wow...good thing she's alright...I really didn't think it was possible to roll these things...what kinda tires were those so I know not to buy them...seriously...wtf?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

really hope shes okay.
          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Good thing she's okay. That looks pretty bad.

Comment

From the looks I would think someone went to the hosptial , good shes O.K. , looks like the air bags didn't go off, which is good , no burns from the powder.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

glad shes ok.
                AND it wasnt just the specific tire.
                It was a used tire.
                and in no way is it even true that those tires were close to knew. That kind of blow out is only achieved by dry rotted bands and rubber.
                The structural integrity of the tire was not close to wat it was when it was new.

There is a code on tires. and i will not buy tires that are any older than 03.

Comment

Wow, glad to hear she is okay, that is a helluva blowout.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Dang - That's messed up.

Glad she's ok :tup:
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

pretty scary stuff. a friend of mine rolled his v6 camaro a few years back also.
                      Dave:
                      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Dibs on the passenger door! And pics of the sister?
                        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Glad to hear shes okay, that tire did quite the job on the camaro. Hate to see another one go down but this is a reminder to check the dates on your tires.

How to check tire date: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=11
                          Last edited by Finkledbody; 07-28-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Finkledbody View Post
                            Glad to hear shes okay, that tire did quite the job on the camaro. Hate to see another one go down but this is a reminder to check the dates on your tires.

How to check tire date: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=11
                            How long can a tire safely last then? I thought checking for cracks and rot was the important thing.
                            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Rot and cracks are sometimes not visible on the outside.
                              In some cases. (most cases) with old tires is that the tires dry on the inside and crack internally which compromises the structural integrity. the outside if (tire shined for a good portion of its life) will not SHOW these symptoms over time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X