Is this a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal?

Been toying with the idea of buying a 3rd gen Firebird fixer-upper. This '88 Formula popped up for sale locally for $800. The guy isn't very interested in negotiating on the price. The car itself has 150,000 miles and needs a decent amount of body work on quarter panels and probably replace the doors. It's rare to find a 3rd gen for sale around Cincinnati. Any opinions?

Re: Is this a good deal?

I'd Say 500 & a lot of free time why not..
    Last edited by ACiFiC; 07-26-2010, 06:57 PM.
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

My free time is on Sunday's. He wouldn't take $700 when I offered it. The guy is pretty firm on 8 bills.

Comment

let him keep it for awhile... he'll evidentually come down....
        disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

is it running?
          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
          1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
          2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Yea here its only worth around $500. Let him sit on it a while.

Comment

It is his daily driver. The car runs good but a little sluggish for a 305. It might just need a tune-up. There are no major oil leaks that I could find except for old leaks around the valve covers. The car needs attention to the body and the interior could use a good cleaning. There are typical tears on the driver seat, cigarette burn holes, dash cracked etc..

By looking at this car I would say it was very well maintained and taken care of until this guy bought it.

If I wound up buying the car it would receive a complete tune-up, repair the seats, replace the headliner, replace the dash cover, new carpet, swap out a the front and rear bumper covers for the '91-92 covers, then eventually send it off for body work. The car would get repainted white (no gray base or stripes), and find a set of black GTA rims. At least that would be my 2 year goal for the car.

Comment

no thanks, he'd have to give me 800 bucks for that thing. hell i can probably find you one near me in much better shape for a bit more than that. they're all over the damn place here

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

If they all moved to Dayton, I'll keep an eye out on the Dayton Craigslist.

Comment

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. I found 16 third-gen's for sale on Dayton/Springfield Craigslist. There are 2 for sale in Cincinnati. I couldn't believe the amount of 4th gen Camaro's either.. Cincinnati can suck it. :banana:

Comment

lol told ya. ive never seen so many for sale up here like they've been lately.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

Lol, this is awesome. It looks like I'll be spending my weekend in your town..

Comment

lol that reminds me, we need to work on getting something in the redlinev6 club going for another meet, its been years since there has been one.

Follow me!
                          Or this

Comment

Count me in. I've never participated but can help organizing a meet.

Comment

Usually they fold when you show them the money. But if not then just wait a little bit. I like that style of Firebird myself. A good base to start converting it into a knight rider body style.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X