How can someone take such a huge $$$ loss? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can someone take such a huge $$$ loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can someone take such a huge $$$ loss?

So ive been shopping around, looking to possibly buy a GTO or Corvette so I dont have to drive my truck everywhere. Dont really want to spend more than 20k but ive been searching, and searching for a perfect deal on a low mileage, perfect condition car.

You either run into the people who smoke crack that want 20k for a GTO with 90,000 LOW LOW MILEAGE, or want an unbelievable amount of $ for a car that isnt in pristine condition..

Then you come across shiit like this:

http://www.luckymotors.com/web/vehic...tom-Addison-IL

This guy buys a brand new GTO ~ $30,000 dollar range
    Builds the piss out of it to 700HP ~ Advertised $40,000 invested in upgrades alone
    Manages to rack up only 3k miles in 5 years

And then sells it / trades it in whatever... And if the dealer is only asking 25k for the car, they probably gave him about 20k for the car on trade

How the hell can you take that hard of a loss? 70k dollar investment, 50k kick in the sack!

At first I was all about it and planned on going to drive / inspect / buy it, but Im sure its not the most streetable or economical to daily drive- sorta

Just blows my mind
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Re: How can someone take such a huge $$$ loss?

I dunno, but there are a handful of high HP GTO's out there for under $25k.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Some of that work looks a little backyardish. Nice goat though. I really don't know how someone can take that BIG of a loss though, for real. Go for a vette anyway man. You can get an 01 or so with 65-75k on it for under 20.
      #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Why would you even trade that in in the first place? Seems like you could get a lot more for it by selling it yourself, unless you just don't want the hassle.

Comment

That wideband monitor looks like it was installed by a 5 year old kid.

I wouldn't buy that car,there are lots of nice unmolested ones available for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
            I wouldn't buy that car,there are lots of nice unmolested ones available for a lot less.
            Agreed.

There's a clean '06 M6 GTO around here with a $20k tag on it. Same color, 30k miles, and best of all, stock.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Thats a deal!:eek:

For a car like that here would cost north of 50k dealership price. Even private owners still ask 25-28 for their bonestock 90k GTO's.

Comment

ya, usually you take a "loss" like that when sh*t keeps breaking and you are sick of spending money on it because you took it too far...highly doubt that if you bought that car you wouldnt be repairing **** within the first few months...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Looks bad@ss , but like said might have alot of problems, theres stock 6.0 GTO's here for $16,000 with like 40,00-60,000 miles on them.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Oh, and stay away from Lucky Motors. It's a bunch of scumbags. I recently had an in depth conversation with someone in the know about that place, steer far clear.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                      I dunno, but there are a handful of high HP GTO's out there for under $25k.
                      Yea, well I don't neccesarily "need" this car.. so Im being very selective, I want low mileage and something that hasnt been beaten to death because its high HP.

Just lookin for the right deal.

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
                      Some of that work looks a little backyardish.
                      Not really The only thing I see that looks like a hack job on that car is the dash cutout for the AF moniter.
                      Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
                      Go for a vette anyway man. You can get an 01 or so with 65-75k on it for under 20.
                      Lookin for lower mileage, 30k or less preferably.

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                      That wideband monitor looks like it was installed by a 5 year old kid..
                      I know!

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                      and best of all, stock.
                      Meh, If I could find a modded car for the same price as a stock car, Id probably go with the modded depending on how molested it is I suppose.

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      ya, usually you take a "loss" like that when sh*t keeps breaking and you are sick of spending money on it because you took it too far...highly doubt that if you bought that car you wouldnt be repairing **** within the first few months...
                      I agree. The more modded the car is the less dependable it is, that thing seems like it would be nothing but headaches..... BUT who knows

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Looks bad@ss
                      Yea, :drool:
                      *Matt

Comment

My dream vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, If I could find a sweet low mileage one for 20k it would be mine, like pronto!
                        *Matt

Comment

might have been better off parting out the GTO.

look around..over her ive seen LS2 GTOS with ~50k for $20K-25

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

smells like fish

Comment

20K will get you a brand spankin new V-6 camaro that puts out over 300 ponies!I'ts quite a step up for a SS :work:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X