New Turbo SHO 365HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Turbo SHO 365HP

Any one else see the commerical for the Ford Tarus SHO a V6 turbo with 365 HP , its amazing these companies are now using the V6's now with turbos to get V8 HP. Thought it was pretty cool, I know it weighs probably 4000LBS + but still like what their doing with turbo V6's.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: New Turbo SHO 365HP

still a ford taurus..
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Dude in my neighborhood has one, man does that thing scoot. :burn:
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I hope they don't put those turbo V6's in their mustang V6's , will be in trouble, I would like to see what they dyno, off to do some searching....
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

AWD 365hp. ;)

We went to look at one when they first showed up at the dealership. Pretty neat car, but they're HUGE. Ford turned this Taurus into a luxury sedan with some "oomph". Granted, it also comes at quite a price. Starting out at $37k, the one on the lot here had a "Limited Selection Fee" of a couple grand... basically charging extra because this is currently a lower number production model. After all the add-ons and fees, it's still sitting on the lot with an asking price of $45k.

There's also a black one I've seen around town. That guy was behind me on a corner and suddenly was at my side and up the hill past me. I'll bet they're a lot of fun once you get passed the weight factor.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Either way, it's still a Ford Taurus. Give it a few years and you will see transmission troubles and the resale value will be 1/8 of the MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtels2593 View Post
              Either way, it's still a Ford Taurus. Give it a few years and you will see transmission troubles and the resale value will be 1/8 of the MSRP.
              Right.. since this is the same platform and drivetrain as the previous problem-riddled 3rd and 4th gen Taurus. Not the award-winning Ecoboost motor and a completely different drivetrain. :rolleyes: In case you hadn't noticed, Ford has stepped up the game in all their models. Toyota and Honda, along with a few other import brands, are suffering some pretty bad hardships right now after using shortcuts and cheap parts. Ford, along with other domestics, have already been there and done that and have been forced to raise their standards. I guess only time will tell whether this car will be "just another Taurus" or if it can live up to the name of an SHO. But I can guarantee you it's not the same as the late 90s to early 2000 Taurus.

Also, if you're really going to complain about transmission problems, don't look too far past what's under your nose.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Say what you will, I'll remain ignorant to the fact that it's a Taurus. Your probably right, it is improved and time will tell.. however I have known many people who drove these cars and had nothing but trouble.

As for whats right under my nose, my Camaro is a mechanical nightmare. I'm very well aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                  Right.. since this is the same platform and drivetrain as the previous problem-riddled 3rd and 4th gen Taurus. Not the award-winning Ecoboost motor and a completely different drivetrain. :rolleyes: In case you hadn't noticed, Ford has stepped up the game in all their models. Toyota and Honda, along with a few other import brands, are suffering some pretty bad hardships right now after using shortcuts and cheap parts. Ford, along with other domestics, have already been there and done that and have been forced to raise their standards. I guess only time will tell whether this car will be "just another Taurus" or if it can live up to the name of an SHO. But I can guarantee you it's not the same as the late 90s to early 2000 Taurus.

Also, if you're really going to complain about transmission problems, don't look too far past what's under your nose.

agreed, ford is lightyears more reliable then they were less than 10 years ago.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Jtels2593 View Post
                    Say what you will, I'll remain ignorant to the fact that it's a Taurus. Your probably right, it is improved and time will tell.. however I have known many people who drove these cars and had nothing but trouble.

As for whats right under my nose, my Camaro is a mechanical nightmare. I'm very well aware of that.
                    My mom has a 2000 Taurus with 111k on the odometer. Other than a few electrical problems with brake switches and an ABS module, the car has had no mechanical issues at all. The Taurus was one of the best selling nameplates in the country, for ANY brand car. The only thing devastating about it was the production hiatus it had when they scrapped it for the Five Hundred.

I seen this SHO Taurus at the Chicago Auto Show, and its a VERY impressive car. I have been a hater of Ford for some time, but the last 3 years or so, they have definitely stepped up and produced some cars and trucks that are awesome. Im not a fan of their performance, i.e. Mustang, but Im actually in the market for an F-150 myself, soon as I can clear some money and pay a few things off.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                      AWD 365hp. ;)

We went to look at one when they first showed up at the dealership. Pretty neat car, but they're HUGE. Ford turned this Taurus into a luxury sedan with some "oomph". Granted, it also comes at quite a price. Starting out at $37k, the one on the lot here had a "Limited Selection Fee" of a couple grand... basically charging extra because this is currently a lower number production model. After all the add-ons and fees, it's still sitting on the lot with an asking price of $45k.

There's also a black one I've seen around town. That guy was behind me on a corner and suddenly was at my side and up the hill past me. I'll bet they're a lot of fun once you get passed the weight factor.
                      AWD nice, didn't know that, I bet they would be fun to drive. I also agree you can't compare Ford now to 10 years ago , just like GM and other CO.'s. Thats a big price tag but if their going out for luxury then I would like to see how it compares with other cars. I haven't seen any around here yet.

Comment

Once in awhile I see that commercial of SHO racing an Audi and beating it. Is that the one?

Yeah, I took lots pics of the SHO engine and turbo and posted it several times. It looks amazing. The turbo is pretty small. About the size of my fist. The rep. there said that it's lag free.

SHO is definately a beautiful car. Ford did right with this one.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X