"Just a V6"..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Just a V6"..

This afternoon at the UDF Mobil station, some d-bag riding a GSXR began a conversation with me and it went something like this..

d-bag: what engine are you running?
    me: Just a V6.
    d-bag: whats done to it?
    me: nothing really, don't plan on doing much.
    d-bag: I bet you think it's fast (smiling with a grin).
    me: It's okay for a 6.
    d-bag: wanna race?
    me: no, thats okay.
    d-bag: come on dude! you'll win.
    me: I don't really race.
    d-bag: So why you drive it then?
    me: Transportation man.

People tend to assume that all sports car owners believe that their car is SUPER FAST and enjoy racing. This is a stupid misconception. If that were true, I would ditch my V6 Camaro and trade in my '06 LaCrosse for a nice 2010 SS. Unfortunately I won't do that because like many sports car owners, speed is not the reason why I own a sports car, (that and I couldn't afford the payments).

So to sum up this thread, I would officially like to nominate this guy for the D-bag of the month award. It should also be noted that he needs to change his warped perception of human behavior.

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go see what my beautiful wife is cooking for dinner. Enjoy your weekend!

Re: "Just a V6"..

Speed is relative....... to some his bike is slow.

Hell.....at least you can take your ride out in the rain and snow..... and can have more than one person in it.
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6 View Post
      Speed is relative....... to some his bike is slow.

Hell.....at least you can take your ride out in the rain and snow..... and can have more than one person in it.
      True that, sport bikes aren't even in the same class as sports cars usually, so that's not quite fair. I bet if you were on a bigger bike he'd have shut up.

Comment

MY beautiful wife just told me that is something like I would say. And this is after the best dinner I have had all week. I cooked the rest of them, haha. I vote for d-bag.

Comment

Was it a yellow gsxr, and was the d-bag scrawny and blonde?... if so it may very well have been my friend's d-bag brother who just bought the bike a few weeks ago and keeps telling me he wants to race me once my Camaro's done... and he lives somewhere in Northern Cincy
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

well it is cincy after all, there's a 45 to 1 douchebag to normal person ratio down there.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

You should've said, "I can't race you in that bike, you'll win for sure. Why don't you go get your Civic and we'll race."

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

T-Mill, it was a silver GSXR with black spoke rims. Btw, what makes some of the sport bike guys so arrogant that they believe racing their bike against a car is fair? I would compare that to a Corvette ZR1 racing a Pymouth Acclaim.

Vanbibber, I will agree with that statement under one condition.. your 45:1 ratio is for the 18-25 age group.

Comment

Great story. You played it just right.

A while back I had the same situation. My car is pretty loud and one day when I pulled into the local convenience store some goofball asked me:
                  "Hey, you want to race? What's under the hood?"

My answer:
                  AN ENGINE.....

And off I walked into the store.

Comment

Line that guy up with a Hyabusa and I bet his "I'm fast" attitude changes quick. Yeah, a car vs. a bike. x2 on the nomination.

Comment

Racing a bike comes down to rider. I've seen plenty of 12 second HAYAbusa's, and 9 second GSX-R1000's.

I don't think it's out of the norm. You have a sports car, he has a sport bike. He'd be a d-bag if he asked you to race in your Grandma mobile Buick. BTW, gramma needs her car back to go to bingo tonight!
                      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Re: &quot;Just a V6&quot;..

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                        BTW, gramma needs her car back to go to bingo tonight!
                        Bingo is tomorrow night, she'll be watchin matlock tonight.
                        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey View Post
                          Racing a bike comes down to rider. I've seen plenty of 12 second HAYAbusa's, and 9 second GSX-R1000's.

I don't think it's out of the norm. You have a sports car, he has a sport bike. He'd be a d-bag if he asked you to race in your Grandma mobile Buick. BTW, gramma needs her car back to go to bingo tonight!
                          But you have to remember, a gsxr 750 makes like 1xx ft/tq on a vehicle that weighs 400-500 pounds, as opposed to 1xx-2xx ft/tq on a 4k pound vehicle.

Comment

I'm well aware of the physics. And no I-4 sport bike is making anywhere near that kind of TQ!

Engine: 750cc four-cylinder
                            Power: 128 bhp (95 kW) at 13,200 rpm (rear wheel)[2]
                            Torque: 56 ft.lb @ 11,200 rpm.
                            Transmission: six-speed chain drive
                            Weight: 167 kg
                            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

When bikers want to race me I tell them that they have to make things fair and ride a wheelie the whole race...haven't raced a bike with my car yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X