anyone going???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone going???

To the Michigan hydroplanes on the Detroit river at Belle Isle?? I will be there Friday the 9th for the testing

Re: anyone going???

I have not been for a LONG time. It was something me and my dad used to go to awhile back, but I probably haven't been since I was 20 or so. He just got back from Madison, IN not too long ago to see the same boats.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

yea my dad and I started going about 6 years ago and it's become a thing that we do now.

Comment

Originally posted by 02silverbird View Post
        yea my dad and I started going about 6 years ago and it's become a thing that we do now.
        If you don't know anything about the history of the sport, then you wouldn't have understood what happened to it when Bernie Little died. He owned the Miss Budweiser for a LONG time, LOVED the sport in and out. Its been hard to maintain the same prestige for it when he passed away.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Yep I knew about that. He gave it to his son but his son didn't want anything to to with it. So all the Ms. Bub boats were sold to another company.

Comment

Bernie Little was an awesome individual. He grew up dirt poor, DIRT POOR, and became the largest distributor for Anheiser-Busch in Florida, made him millions. Was a good friend to the Busch family, owned several yachts, but his love was hydroplane racing. I had a chance to sit down and talk to him several times before he died, knew me by my last name. He was never too good to talk to anyone. That sport suffered hard when he passed, and what his son did was somewhat unforgivable by my standards.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

yea it did suck when he passed. And after he did there was talk that the hydroplanes wouldn't be in Michigan again.

Comment

There is a State Department warning against travelling anywhere within 50 miles of Detroit. Apparently Kabul and Badhdad are much safer than that area.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X