Flight of the firebird?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight of the firebird?!?!?!

At 9 PM eastern time zone tonight on discovery channel chip foose is having 2 teams do a build off with f bodies.

They have to take 2 firebirds and turn them into flying cars. Then they will launch them off a 200 ft cliff to see who goes farthest.

I saw a promo for the show and think it is a 3rd gen vs a 2nd gen.

I thought people might wanna see this so just an fyi
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Re: Flight of the firebird?!?!?!

yea I caught the commercial for it yesterday, doesn't look like the 3rd gen makes it to far before nose diving, lol
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Why? Why?

Why couldn't they just waste Mustangs. There's plenty of those.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

crap i missed it. ill have to look and see if its on again and dvr it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

got it dvr'd but haven't watched it yet... It's the third show in the "Ultimate Car Buildoff" so far I've been dissappointed with the show
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

oh god its on that show? lol. i watched parts of the first one and could take it

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            Or this

Comment

It's absolute rubbish, nothing but a bunch of wankers tooling around and television telling them how to do it.

Pointless, and just plain dumb. I truly think its some ****ups copy of all the thousands of other build-off shows and somehow managed to stick Foose's name on it. From what I've seen, Foose doesn't even look like he cares enough to want to know what hes doing.

Comment

SPOILER -

2nd gen car wins; the 3rd gen car just gwets pushed over the edge.

It really was kind of stupid - the best design would be to build a well-controlled, full-size RC and send it shooting as fast as possible over the edge.

The teams spend all that time fabricating useless wings and so forth and zero time actually test driving the car? And how did the 3rd gen team's RC controls come about? There was zero explanation of just what they did for the 3rd gen's RC.

The "wings", tail (and propeller for the 2nd gen) were all really pointless.

Plus, they supposedly raced against the clock but then magically, the cars showed up in the end all painted (wrapped in the case of the 2nd gen). Pretty hokey.

They showed an actual RC plane - the wings for each Firebird could have much easier been fabricated just like an RC's wings with the skin shrink-wrapped over a light-weight frame - but no, there was this fake search for wings, including "whoops we got two right wings!!!"

I give it two on a scale of ten. Almost as good as Smokey and the Bandit 3.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

lol, that movie makes me cry for all its fail.

Follow me!
                  Or this

Comment

I didn't hate the first one, mainly because I like Astro Vans, lol, and the show would be better if they spent 50 minutes showing the build and 10 minutes showing the challenge instead of trying to add all of the drama...

and btw, they get 4 10 hour days to "build" and then after their build is done they get another day for bodywork/paint, so that's why they had time to paint em up (or wrap em up)
                    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

best part.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X