should I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I?

A guy by where I live has a 1985 z28 Camaro. I want to trade him cars and he seems interested in mine. Its got an edelbrock on it, that needs choke work, its sticking making it flood, so I will have to trailer it to work on it at home. But, its in good shape, good interior, and the tops dont leak. It also comes with a 350 that needs rod bearings.

My car. 1996 3.8 Firebird with a 5 speed. 260xxx miles with a 90k motor. Cracked dash, but otherwise good interior. Never failed on me yet, nothing major anyways. It just needs 02 sensors (both of them) so its a little slugish.

Basically, if his car is what he says it is, would it be a worth while trade? Ive always wanted me a 3rd Gen Camaro, and have been trying to get one for a while now..

Re: should I?

If it were me, I wouldn't make the trade until I heard it run... maybe if he'll let you do whatever needs done to get it fixed (assuming it won't cost you much) I'd do that before I gave up my car for it bc when there's a problem with a car, you never really know it's extent if you can't hear it run...
    Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
    Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

He said I can hear it run. I will be going and looking at it when i get off work monday. He says he rebuilt the carb on it, and drove it about 10 miles and it was fine when he shut it off, and when he restarted it later, it ran like crap. But, it will start and idle, just has no power, due to flooding.

Comment

i wouldn't do it personally. one mans project is anothers headache

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

i would never trade any of my cars for one where the person used edelbrock stuff...

Comment

sounds like you need a different car altogether, but i wouldnt go with the 85 either
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Yeah, f-cars are cheap in MO. That's where I picked up my 99 Camaro. Look around, you can find a 3rd gen all day for under $2k.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

wouldnt do it. 3rd gens r easy to find

87 Firebird RIP
                96 Camaro RS RIP
                94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

If you want a good 3rd gen Camaro project car, a buddy of mine has a roller for $400, he used to race it, but came across two 3rd gen firebirds so he swapped entire powertrains. The car is completely bumper to bumper cleaned to metal and rubber undercoated underneath and the engine bay was done like wise but painted black. Needs paint, since all he did was rattle-canned the outside of it to keep it from rusting.

Comment

I wouldnt do it either. I had a 86 camaro and hated how plain it was. They are cool cars but I would rather have a 4th gen due to its more comfortable to drive and there are less of them out there.
                    Jeff ..
                    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X