New or Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New or Old

Ok so as you all know, I bought a new 2010 mustang. I am going on a trip at the end of this month, which will determine if I keep the car or not. The only question is, GM hasnt brought out any vehicles that I have wanted in quite some time besides a vette (which I cannot afford). My next big question is, does anyone have any suggestions on what to look at?

My big buying points are as follows:

Must have 4+ seats
    Manual
    Fun to drive
    under 30k

I was thinking maybe look at a slightly used STI, but I'm not sure if I could afford the payments, or even want to. I'm looking more for something I can use when I have kids in the near (hopefully not too near) future.
    Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Re: New or Old

A gto?

Comment

skyline GTR..
      Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
      1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
      1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
      2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

whats wrong with the 2010 camaro?..i heard there pretty cheap now...

Comment

If you like back-roads beating you cannot beat the STI.
          sigpic

Comment

something undeniable about 305hp with a turbo intercooled 4 cycl
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
              whats wrong with the 2010 camaro?..i heard there pretty cheap now...
              The fact that I have not gotten a decent quote, after 20+ tries at 7 diferent local dealerships
              Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
                A gto?
                X2, make sure a 6.0L one though.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Wait, why are you gonna take an *** reaming on the Mustang? You're gonna get pumped so full of dealer cum, you won't know which way is up.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Volvo S60R...

If you aren't sure if you could handle payments on a car in that price range, why are you even considering it? Not everyone is in a position to drive a car like that. There are plenty of great options, slightly used, in the ~20k range. My Volvo came out to sub-20, a 2006 with 35k miles.

If you aren't sure about making the payments, how will you be able to afford maintenance. That is made even worse if you end up getting a car with slightly higher mileage just so you can afford a "nicer" car....
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold
                    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Just keep the money and invest for awhile.

Meanwhile pay the stang off.

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
                        Volvo S60R...

If you aren't sure if you could handle payments on a car in that price range, why are you even considering it? Not everyone is in a position to drive a car like that. There are plenty of great options, slightly used, in the ~20k range. My Volvo came out to sub-20, a 2006 with 35k miles.

If you aren't sure about making the payments, how will you be able to afford maintenance. That is made even worse if you end up getting a car with slightly higher mileage just so you can afford a "nicer" car....
                        I see what you are syaing, which I did not state what I wastrying to say correctly. I could not justify spending $300+ per month on insurance alone, not the car payment. I can easily afford the car payment of a new STI (as I almost bought one when I purchased the mustang). I will look into the volvo.

Comment

My buddy has a Evo X (STI's main competition) with something around ~420 AWHP. I've gone on some spirited rides with him, but it's just not impressive. The turbo lag is annoying as hell, it's butt-ugly, doesn't ride nice, and sounds..well, like a 4-banger. While I've never ridden in an STI, I'd assume most of those negative points would apply to it as well.

So x3 for a 2006 GTO. (2006 was the year of the 6.0L).
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

x4 ls2 Goat or a used bug-eye STI. i've ridden in some worked up ones and i was impressed --- super fun to drive. if you need something a little bigger go with a G8 gt or gxp.

what's stopping you from just getting a lightly used ls1 Z or SS?
                            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

One of my best friends has had an 02 bug-eye WRX (not STI) for a couple years now. He's done some simple mods to get it to stage 2, and DAY-UM does that thing pull. I've never driven it myself but I rode shotgun with him all the time before I got my 'bird and it is hella fun. Of course he absolutely loves rally and back-roads beating, so if you're not into that kind of thing you may not get the full experience out of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X