I got into a hit and run accident today - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got into a hit and run accident today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got into a hit and run accident today

No..it didn't happen to my Firebird or Fiero.

My parents invited me over to their house because they had plenty of food for their guest that was coming tonight. I was a bit relunctant because I was sleepy and tired due to my IBS. Since I didn't have anything cooked for lunch I decided to just go.

Well after coming from there I decided to go back to my apartment and try to get a couple hours of sleep before going to work. The traffic on my way home was starting to build up because people were out for lunch or errands.

As I was getting to the drive through to my apartment I saw a bright red 2007 Ford Explorer that was slightly lifted come up. Here I am in my small mini-truck coming from the opposite side of the traffic. The lady driving that SUV saw me and we made eye to eye contact. I went into the isle to make a left turn (I have the right of way) and all of a sudden she gunned it and turn left herself. I hit my brake right away, but it was too late. The bottom front of her bumper hit my front side panel and part of my door. I swear if I didn't hit my brake her front bumper would've gone through my window and straight to my head.

I was shock for a bit, because I didn't know she was going to do that. I think she was shocked too, because she thought I was going to stop and let her go by as if she has the right of way. I signaled her to pull over and we would exchange information and she agreed. BTW..There was a lot of people that saw this, esp. a young black lady who talking really loud on her cell phone and acting like a fool.

Anyway, I went inside my apartment complex and parked. I stepped outside to look at the damage and I was waiting for her to turn around. She was at a complete stop from where she was, she never moved. It was as if she was thinking what she was going to do. I decided to walk up to her and then all of a sudden she took off by turning right and headed straight for the fwy. I was like, "OH HELL NO!!!"

I dialed 911 right away and told them I was in a hit and run. 10 mins. later the cop showed up and took down my information. He asked me to describe her and the car. It was easy too: "bleach blond overweight woman in her early 40's wearing a white top and huge dark sunglasses. She was driving a 2006-2007 bright red Ford Explorer with a plate that said 'MISS GEE'." Police asked me if she was one of the tenants and I said no, because I know just about everybody in my apartment complex and what cars they drive.

The info. I gave them enable them to locate her residency and who she was. The cop asked me if I want her arrested. At first I said no, I just want her insurance. Then he asked me again. Finally I said, yes, when I thought about how she took off like that.

Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow if they've picked her up. And no, I never got my sleep. More stuff to irritate my IBS.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: I got into a hit and run accident today

Glad you're ok - - That's excellent you got her plate number. Its ridiculous how many people get away with that crap.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

I would have had her arrested also, good job on being observant thor
      *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

good to hear your O.K , Hope they find the B!tch. She'll make bail but at least its on the record and if she has insurance then get all you can, even sue her personally which you can.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ouch.
          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Its good to hear that you are ok. Hope that everything goes well and that your car gets fixed.

Comment

Ugh, sorry to hear about the accident - i hope you are ok.

And I'm very happy that she will be arrested
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

She took off. That pisses me off just reading about it.

Comment

Kudos for getting her plate number! And a good description of her! And I'd say the same thing- have that ***** arrested! I dunno about CA but in MD vanity plates are expensive, and if someone could afford vanity plates but not auto insurance or even just the deductible, well **** them!
                  sigpic

Comment

Quite a story. Glad you didn't get hurt.
                    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Damn. That sucks. Good thing you're ok, and got the plate.

I ate a bowl of fail this morning.
                      Quarter Million Mile Club

Comment

Yeah, I didn't hear anything from the police today. I called the officer who gave me his number and it turns out that his office today, Friday, is close due to furlough. So I'm going to have to wait till Monday.

I have a feeling that she doesn't have an insurance. That's probably why she took off like that.

But thanks guys. I'm glad I'm OK too. We certainly don't need another medical problem in my family.

Comment

How bad is the damage on the truck?

That's ridiculous that people will do hit and runs. As if they really think they are going to get away with it, and even if they could, it's horrible that they want to.

When I was in high school, I was going on a youth mission trip to CO. and somewhere in nevada I think it was, we were driving down the freeway in a chevy express van loaded up with high schoolers doing about 70 and a ford 350 rams us from being doing probably 90 and then immediately takes the exit ramp and speeds off The whole back of the van was smashed in and the rear doors didn't work anymore. Since everyone was so caught off guard, no one has any description, but when we went back to the scene, we found that his front license plate had come off in the accident and we were able to file a report. Turns out he was in a company vehicle with a suspended license, but the police got him.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                            How bad is the damage on the truck?

That's ridiculous that people will do hit and runs. As if they really think they are going to get away with it, and even if they could, it's horrible that they want to.

When I was in high school, I was going on a youth mission trip to CO. and somewhere in nevada I think it was, we were driving down the freeway in a chevy express van loaded up with high schoolers doing about 70 and a ford 350 rams us from being doing probably 90 and then immediately takes the exit ramp and speeds off The whole back of the van was smashed in and the rear doors didn't work anymore. Since everyone was so caught off guard, no one has any description, but when we went back to the scene, we found that his front license plate had come off in the accident and we were able to file a report. Turns out he was in a company vehicle with a suspended license, but the police got him.
                            Well the driver side front panel is pushed all the way in to the frame and part of the door is scratch. I took pics, but it wasn't good quality.

That's funny that the truck's front plate came off. Good thing that happened.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X