Your first car you really did something with. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your first car you really did something with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first car you really did something with.

My first car was also my first build. 1977 Chevy Malibu Classic with the 305.

Not mine.

Had a white ragtop, dual glass packs, 4 flat tires with mixed wheels, and a shoddy body and paint.

Stripped the ragtop, which opened up a 100+ hour job of body work alone. Plus I had to do all the rest of the car's body, and thats a BIG CAR.

Stripped trim, re-sealed all the glass, tuned up the engine (before I really knew anything about anything engine) fiberglassed a new dash and interior panels, put new floorboards in and painted her in the driveway O' Hoes "Performance Red", but with a white bass coat and not enough red and not enough clear. So she came out Dairy Queen Dilly Bar Red more or less. No, not pink. at all.

And here she is done. (But I traded it to a friend for the 94 Camaro, but for specific reasons.)
    Attached Files

Re: Your first car you really did something with.

Looks nice. The story behind it is great.

The first car I drove was my parents 74 Bel Air with a 454 engine. That thing would start rusting if you sneezed on it and it sucked down gas like crazy. I was lucky to get above 10 MPG in it. I'd get up to 14 MPG if I drove all highway, with the windows up and keeping it at a steady 50 (BTW, it had no AC). It sounded good when I'd flip over the top on the air cleaner. I replaced the stock AM radio with an AM/FM/8 track stereo and Jensen 6x9 coaxials in the rear.

We re-painted it with an Earl Scheib special my senior year in high school. It started rusting under the new paint after about six months.

The 454 could light up the Sears Guardsman radial tires, however. :woot:
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

My first car was a 1981 VW Rabbit Diesel. Great little car. 55mpg. It had every option available and ran like a champ. Great sound system, a CB, tinted windows, wide tires, and was super clean.
      I got it when I was 15 and did the following work to it by myself before it could be put on the road:
      New Clutch
      New Starter
      New Vacuum Pump
      New Brakes
      Adjusted Valves
      New shifter linkage bushings
      Installed block heater
      On my 16th birthday I got my NY drivers permit and the car was on the road.

The first car that I modified was my 1982 Camaro. Did just about everything to it. Rims, paint, engine, trans, etc... It was fast to say the least.
      Last edited by nascar24jd; 06-03-2010, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I had an '89 Cavalier, but the only "mod" I really did was kick out the driver's side turn signal lens so that it matched the passenger side...
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

1991 Pontiac Firebird, black, t-tops, blew the original 305 and rebuilt it only to put on another 40 miles before the rebuild blew. Ended up selling it for $700. That was in 2003.

Comment

I had a 1973 VW superbeetle. I paid a grand for it. Didn't run, had dryrotted tires on it, spongy brakes, no interior, and none of the lights worked. Midway through it ran 0-60 in 23 seconds. When I for rid of it I could burn first, bark second and run mid nines in the 1/8th at 62mph. Ill never forget it, I drag raced it, caught it on fire, took it mud riding, all sorts of madness and it always got me where I needed to go... Plus I'm a VW master...lol
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X