Dropping blockbuster.com for Netflix - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropping blockbuster.com for Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping blockbuster.com for Netflix

We'll be dropping blockbuster.com for Netflix.

The netflix selection is better and prices are nearly the same or better in many ways. Blockbuster lost their big advantage when they stopped giving free rentals for returning the disc to a store instead of mailing it back. Then they raised their prices.

Many of the Blockbuster stores around here have closed. The ones that remain open do not seem to be maintained well. It is kind of sad to see a Blockbuster store with a tattered Blockbuster flag flying out front. It looks like it is only a matter of time before they begin the next round of closures.

The netflix instant movie deals is nice too.

We'll stick with Blockbuster stores for local movies from time to time. The Redbox and Blockbuster Express machines are great and the low price is right. You can look up and reserve the movie you want online and then drive to pick it up from the machine without having to wonder if it will be out of stock.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: Dropping blockbuster.com for Netflix

My fam also went with Netflix. One of the (I believe) only two blockbusters in town closed up last year and I always remember it getting a lot of business.

The wait time for some movies is ridiculous tho... I think it was a month after the Oscars that we finally got a copy of The Hurt Locker in the mail (we reserved it the night before the awards).
    sigpic

Comment

blockbuster has sucked nuts for years. i just buy movies i want to see or get them from the on demand thing that is on the tv. ive been saying forever im going to do netflix but i just havent gotten around to it yet.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Netflix is far better.

Comment

I'm happy with netflix. The instant movies can be kept as long as you want and if you have a blue ray with netflix on it, it'll go straight to your TV. I usually add movies to my instant que by phone. All for under $10/mo., so it's worth it.

Comment

I just got netflix again and cancelled all the HBO, Enocore etc. channels from direct T.V, 16.99 for 3 movies at a time and since they have a wharehouse here in AZ so its only a day turn around and the channels on Direct T.V were like a extra $32 so half the cost and pick your movies , can't beat it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Redbox FTW.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Got netflix here - i'm happy w it
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

netflix here, I use my Wii and xbox360 to view the streaming vids. Just wish the new movies went right to streaming instead of old crappy movies going to streaming. ha.
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                    netflix here, I use my Wii and xbox360 to view the streaming vids. Just wish the new movies went right to streaming instead of old crappy movies going to streaming. ha.
                    x2, the good ones take a long time to get to "watch instantly" status. That's what makes people actually buy their higher services though rather than 1 movie out at a time. I'm pretty happy with netflix. It makes basic cable very bearable at 10 bucks a month.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                      Redbox FTW.
                      My mom still will pick up redbox movies she likes them, esp. if she thinks shes going to like it , becuase then she'll buy it. She probably has 400-500 movies.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Most of the Blockbuster stores in Cincinnati are closing shop. Pay-per-view on Time Warner Cable sucks and rarely has any decend movies. I suppose I'll become a Netflix user soon..

Comment

Red box all the way. I get one free rental a month from he local red box.
                          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I've had netflix for quite a few years.. the only gripe I have is the number of discs I get that freeze up and skip due to scratches on the disc. Still love them though! Even with the scratched discs, just go to their website, click on the disc you have and say its damaged, they'll send another out in the mail right away. In the meantime, there's streaming video. So it's never a problem.
                            I just dropped my $45/month cable tv because of netflix. Hooked an extra computer up to the tv and it's golden. Movies show up in my mailbox, don't have to make extra trips for them, and streaming movies available 24/7.. for 9 bucks a month.. can't go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtels2593 View Post
                              Most of the Blockbuster stores in Cincinnati are closing shop. Pay-per-view on Time Warner Cable sucks and rarely has any decend movies. I suppose I'll become a Netflix user soon..
                              Most the blockbusters closed around here also. They deserve it for their high priced late fees back in the day, I would get hit with $20 about everyother week becuase I was always at work and would forget. They made a killing in late fees.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X