OBD-1 Fully Tuned 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD-1 Fully Tuned 3.4

That's right folks. Just a week or so away from having (one of) the first fully tuned 3.4's with the OBD-1 swap. :drool:

I've been "data logging" and "swapping chips" like the 3rd genner's for the past couple months and now am almost finished with the tune.

It's been a lot of fun and very rewarding, especially considering the good amount of work that you (the tuner) must do to get the car running great. It's not extremely difficult by any means but there is a lot to do like taking 30-40 minute datalogs out into the open roads of upstate new york (as the case may be) and burning chips etc.

Soooooo is anybody intersted in finding out what a full bolt on/fully ported/fully tuned 3.4 can put out on the dyno?

I know I am.

Re: OBD-1 Fully Tuned 3.4

:D I sure is!

Comment

one response lol. im curious a bit but i dont see the numbers being incredible.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

bah. Nobody cares about the 3.4 anymore... even when we do FINALLY have a tuning solution.... *sigh*

Comment

oh... and anything more than 160hp is good in my books!!

Comment

I care! haha.

For me its not really a quest for power, its a quest to learn engine theory and design more hands on then by putting parts together that X amount of people and companies have done. There's something that can be learned and theres even more things to contribute with. Its a nice, reliable engine, but a few more ponies couldn't hurt.

Comment

Tiago got like 300+ HP out of his 3.4 Camaro like 10 + years ago, so if its not more than that , then don't even post. LOL J/K Post what you put out the guys doing the 3.5 top end wwere making like 250 WHP or something like that so if its not over 200 WRHP sell it.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am expecting over 200 rwhp.

Besides. tiagao had some nutso turbo setup. This is all N/A baby.

Comment

ohh my gawwwwd soo AwEsOmE!
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                    bah. Nobody cares about the 3.4 anymore... even when we do FINALLY have a tuning solution.... *sigh*
                    Hey, I care...

As you know, my 3.4 is my daily driver, so I am more about preservation then tuning. My car runs great, has plenty of power for daily use, and now averages 20mpg with the A/C on all day long.

I cannot complain at all.

But I am very interested in reading your results once you post them.

Comment

My guess is 165 WRHP and 180 TQ. Lets see who gets close to the dyno #.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

165hp at the rear wheels would be very nice..!!

Comment

good luck man.. hope this turns out well for ya.. its cool you pulled off tuning, without resorting to something like megasquirt. where'd you find out how to pull off the swap? do you have a link? If you got everything together right, and the tune is on, i'll give ya 200+ at the engine (160-180 at the wheels depending on your trans).

Im still hooked on the 3400 head swap pipedream myself, mostly just do to something different from the regular old build. that swap would be a nice alternative to the standalone. now if i ever had any cash that didnt go towards my house...

post up the results when you have them..
                          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

keep in mind this might be a number of weeks/months til I make my way out to a dyno.

camaroman...

ForcedFirebird has come up with an obd-1 swap harness that makes tuning the 3.4 pretty darn easy. No changing sensors or anything. Literally a 5 minute install. Of course that isn't the case when it comes to customizing the tune.

Comment

Hey TKO I care. I'm very much impress with what you did to that 3.4 of yours. Just like I'm impress with that guy who's doing 310rwhp with his turbo 3.1 Camaro.

3.8 V6 are not even close to 200rwhp. So if you can reach that with yours that would be impressive.

I forgot the screen name of the guy from Z28.com back then, but he was the first one to use megasquirt on his 3.4. He was able to do 210 rwhp NA. I don't even think he had the cam like you do. So hey I'm waiting for your result.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X