Do you wave at other F-Bodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you wave at other F-Bodies?

Back about 6 years ago when I had my Z and I would drive around with the T-Tops off, I would always see other f-bodies so you give the little wave out of the T-Top. I don't see many people do this anymore. Does anyone on here still do this?

Re: Do you wave at other F-Bodies?

I thought that it was only a corvette thing. I've had several vettes and have always had other vettes waving and me waving back. The vette owners have a saying called "save the wave" to keep the tradition going. I've never had anyone wave to me in my 94 camaro or my 81 Z28 though. I'll sometimes give a thumbs up to other cool looking hot rods.

Comment

Yes I sometimes do, but I rarely get the wave back. I also give a head nod on occasion.

Comment

I try to...I'll always park beside one, or try and get up along side one for a bit...usually don't get acknowledged though...very rarely... the worst are the new camaro drivers...I feel that most people buying them aren't in touch with the heritage behind the car...they don't even look at ya, park beside ya, nothing...can't even get a look if I let off a lil rev...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Letzride I think your right about the newer cars. Most people that own newer cars use them for transportation and are not car enthusiasts like owners of older or modified cars are and therefore don't really notice or care about similar cars on the road. To them it is a mode of transportation only.

Comment

Agreed. Or they have their head so stuck up their *** you regret even wasting your time talking to them.

I wave, talk to them about their cars, etc etc. Most don't know what their talking about, but some care enough to talk about future plans and other fun stuff.

Comment

The "pit maneuver" is an effective way to get people to notice you and wave (or something like waving)...

Comment

I used to think I was a pretty awful driver - but I guess I've gotten better. Lots of people wave at me whenever I am driving. They frequently give me the "you're number one" sign with their middle finger.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Around here some guys rev a small bit to acknowledge each other.

Comment

Before I got my 'bird I rode around with my good friend who drives an '02 WRX. Around here they're more common than F-bodies but he knows most of them from online subaru communities and they wave to each other usually, so I picked that up from him and I try to wave at every F-body I see (even 3rd gens and camaros). Unfortunately it's harder to see if one waves back since our shallow windshields create so much glare LOL.

A full 3 weeks and nearly 800 miles after I got my car I finally saw another late 4th gen firebird, going by in on-coming traffic. I gave a wave only to realize it was being driven by a woman who was at least in her 70s.

I also get the impresssion 5th gen owners aren't very into the heritage of Camaros. I guess that's the Zeta chassis mentality?

I also try to park next to any Firebirds or Camaros if there's a free spot next to them. I haven't yet gotten a wave back from any other f-body driver.
                    But I'll keep waving.
                    sigpic

Comment

i actually have a bit of success with the fellow fbody owners around here, i know several by car (never actually met) that pass and wave frequently, and have pretty good luck with passerby's. i guess it's more or less driven by the car scene of our college here too.

i get a lot of nod and rev's too, a guy with a black ls1 SS always waves then we give eachother a rev while we pass --- pretty fun. recently before the accident i had a guy roll down his windows in his stockish 3.8 in a tunnel we were in and give me the thumbs up to rev for him :D
                      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I'll wave only if there is a cute blonde girl driving, LOL Normally I'll wave and rev. the engine a little bit, some will wave others don't , same with the engine but I don't mind if they don't.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i wave, its common here

Comment

I wave, nod, rev, etc. There's a guy that lives somewhere around where I live, that drives a 'Bird that looks exactly like mine, and we acknowledge each other every time we've drivin' by each other on the highway. But never noticed him anywhere off of the road. F-bodies aren't extremely common around Birmingham. But I work at Ft McClellan, which is a little over an hour away in Anniston, and I see a lot of them over here.

Comment

Not many good people out here who own fbodys in general though only a handful of them. Especially the LS1 guys, Those guys are *******s! they think they've got gods gift to the road. I don't wave to them, I give them the finger!.

I wave to a guy driving a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, Ill wave to a mustang before I wave to another fbody out here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X