Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C&D Camaro vs. Mustang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVVzt2QfS7E

Very close for the 2 V8's but the V6 Camaro definately got owned.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: C&D Camaro vs. Mustang

That guy about made me fall asleep.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

nothing i didnt already expect really. i mean, theyre comparing 2 cars where one is in its first year to a car that has been worked and reworked for the last 5. as much as i hate to say it, im starting to like the new stang with the 5.0 its now entered my top 3 cars im looking at buying.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Eh, I don't mind em that much either. However, I'd be worried about getting away from Chevy/GM seeing as they're pretty damn easy to work on. However, I don't know about these new cars..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Nice vid. I'll still keep my wee V6.LOL
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
            nothing i didnt already expect really. i mean, theyre comparing 2 cars where one is in its first year to a car that has been worked and reworked for the last 5. as much as i hate to say it, im starting to like the new stang with the 5.0 its now entered my top 3 cars im looking at buying.
            I'm not buying into Ford, though I would prefer it over import sportscar. It took Ford so long to catch up and they still haven't edged out the Chevy V8 with its multivalve now. I'm sure Chevy will step it up again to the next level and it'll take Ford some time again to play catch up.

Though I have to admit that the 5.0 will run against it's Cobra counsin.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

one thing i did notice looking in to the new mustang is that you HAVE to run 93 octane other wise they run like **** so i still voe the camaro ss :D, altho i do like the mustang i dont like little details that companys leave out and i dont know if this has to do with the driver but.. car and driver had the mustang running 13.0 sec in the quarter and motor trend had it running a 12.7 sec 1/4..... sumtins up but both had the camaro running the same in the 1/4. the only thing i can think of is that its like the mid 90's again and it was a hit or miss with the mustangs some had powr some didnt...

Comment

2011 camaro v6 will have 312hp so it will catch back up

Comment

please go read about that number first, SAE ratings changed, the power is still the same from 10 to 11. nothing new to them.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by bwkmaro View Post
                    one thing i did notice looking in to the new mustang is that you HAVE to run 93 octane other wise they run like **** so i still voe the camaro ss :D, altho i do like the mustang i dont like little details that companys leave out and i dont know if this has to do with the driver but.. car and driver had the mustang running 13.0 sec in the quarter and motor trend had it running a 12.7 sec 1/4..... sumtins up but both had the camaro running the same in the 1/4. the only thing i can think of is that its like the mid 90's again and it was a hit or miss with the mustangs some had powr some didnt...
                    same can be said for the camaro. ive seen times go from high 12s to mid 13s so its moot.

Follow me!
                    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                      I'm not buying into Ford, though I would prefer it over import sportscar. It took Ford so long to catch up and they still haven't edged out the Chevy V8 with its multivalve now. I'm sure Chevy will step it up again to the next level and it'll take Ford some time again to play catch up.

Though I have to admit that the 5.0 will run against it's Cobra counsin.
                      actually according to a few dyno tests the mustang is severly underated. i cant remember the car site(edmunds if i remember right) that got ahold of one to do its review, but the mustang was putting down something like 404rwhp. i didnt believe it at first but another magazine (i think C&D) have very similar results with a different car. ford has its **** together.

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

I don't really care who is ahead atm. I'm just glad there is finally a little competition in performance. I've never fully known why the mustang sold so much better than the Camaro despite almost always performing worse, but I'm glad Ford is finally stepping it up.. I'm actually very impressed with a lot of the Ford's new lineup, they have some very nice cars coming out. That said I'd still take the equivalent GM product, but I think competition is a good thing.
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          5 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          3 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X