TERRIBLE! cash for clunker. (remembering how stupid it was) video. (must) watch - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TERRIBLE! cash for clunker. (remembering how stupid it was) video. (must) watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TERRIBLE! cash for clunker. (remembering how stupid it was) video. (must) watch

All I proved is that communism will give you a good GDP...that doesn't prove that its good.....YEAH GREAT OUR GDP IS AWESOME!! But our lives Stink!! WE live in substandard housing, in filthy conditions, we have no money to buy anything, and our waters are polluted. How does that sound like it works? The only people who live good in China are the Government officials and super dooper elite. ITs a DUMP, who cares if they have a great GDP. Communism is tyrannical and that is how it can achieve a good GDP, by screwing the citizens.
    Regardless, its working, and its powerful. Hence my point. I never said it was good, I actually said that I do not condone it. But nonetheless, it is working WELL.

EDIT: I see what you mean about my conflicting views..but remember China is not a full blown commie state it is a Capitalist Communist state, if it was full blown communism it would fail like Russia at a rapid rate. But its only a matter of time before the Chinese people get sick of the horrible living conditions and change things.
    They've had communism for 60+ years as it is today. Only in the early/mid 70's were alot of their state organizations and businesses turned into private companies. I don't think they hate it that much, seeing as though you never hear of any kind of huge uprising against the government that lasts for weeks or months.

Throughout history Tyranny has ALWAYS been the problem, anarchy or too loose of government has never been the big problem.
    Right.....never been a big problem in lets say....Africa? I can't be exact, but I think its the Somalian government that has just a few blocks of order and power within its own borders, the rest of the country is in complete chaos and anarchist rule. Its seriously every man for himself there, a complete devoid area of civilization. So there goes that theory.....

Look if there was no insurance/health care plans you would have to pay out of your pocket and Doctors would HAVE to charge less so everyone could afford to get help. So health care health insurance/health care is the problem.
    not only is that unethical, its simply unrealistic.

Time will tell on China's economy... If it weren't for the regressing U.S. economy, I don't believe that China's economy would be doing quite as well.
    They've been gaining economic power for 20 years, with no huge signs of slowing down. Our own recession was nothing more than a blip for them. It will level off, but its not going to tread back anytime soon, not unless we simply stop using them for outsourcing.

So you're saying that my Father's wealth, or stake in a company is just as much yours as it is mine?
    Yes and no. I don't believe it belongs to the people, but I do believe that there should be some sort of one time restitution due to your family's success within the US, especially if that company is a publicly traded one. Pay your way into it, and then do what you wish. But to make millions on the backs of US citizens, die, and give nothing back to the community, is in definite poor taste. You earned your money from US citizens, give something back to the community to better itself. If its in the form of a death tax, so be it.

that they don't deserve what they've been given.
    How do they deserve something they didn't build or work for? That's no different than saying the people that work there don't deserve what THEY work for, even if its FAR less than what the normal employee does? How can you say that a person that struggles everyday with bills goes to their job of $9,50 an hour, deserves not to have insurance because they are unskilled, but turn around and say the child of someone who built the company up get all of it with due right, even if that child is a cluster**** of an individual who snorts 8-balls in the executive bathroom? Where is the logic??

In free-market Capitalism, it doesn't matter what you're born into you have every opportunity to make a name for yourself. You also have every opportunity to sit on your *** and be poor. Obviously there are social factors involved, but, in a general sense, it is entirely up to you what you do with your life, not the government's or any ruling class...
    True to an extent, but no one can truly be gullible enough to believe that if you do the right thing and work hard, diligently, that you'll get the luxuries of life. It doesn't work that way. Its more about WHO you know than WHAT you know. You might make a decent living with WHAT you know, but you'll be rich from WHO you know.

controls some ownership of a corporation once it's original founder no longer controls the company
    Not ownership, but its dues for being the country that provided the ideals and dreams to make it big. If that sounds wrong, then by all means, go overseas and do the same thing. This attitude that anyone can do anything they want at anytime is an illusion. Its not what this country was created for. Total and absolute freedom is a myth, and its only form is anarchy.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

• Re: TERRIBLE! cash for clunker. (remembering how stupid it was) video. (must) watch

You keep talking about developing skill....

1. What if you don't have the money for schooling, and the government wasn't there to offer grants and loans?

And 2. What if you were mentally or physically disabled in a way that you couldn't do more to sustain better employment?
      1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

1. Developing a skill doesn't have to involve going to school, regardless of what Obama tells you... You can work for a company and develop your skills within the company, work as an apprentice, someone who fixes leaky faucets, or builds furniture or hangs drywall or any number of things, does not need a degree to be considered "skilled"

2. There are things in place to alleviate those hardships... unless you consider lazy as a mental handicap... which I don't think you do

and these "dues" you speak of were already paid once in the form of income tax, among others... once is enough
        Last edited by T-Mill; 04-19-2010, 12:56 AM.
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

All these reasons T-mill and Mogobs are mentioning make me really happy to be in the military. I know a lot of you are feeling the hurt of the economy. I am sorry for that. I really don't know how it feels because it doesn't really affect me except for the 'inflation' in things such as fuel. This thread is becoming really interesting though. As for living in an expensive area; to a degree your employer should pay you more based on the cost of living. The army pays me a Cost Of Living Allowance, and if the army does it, then everyone should do it. Just my .02. Good points both T-Mill, and Mogobs...
          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

If most individuals were able to bring in $1200 or so a month with some minimal health coverage, half this argument would be out the window. Not wanting a cashier to gross $60+ a year, and I don't see how paying people a livable wage is THAT costly.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by KJZ28 View Post
              Look if there was no insurance/health care plans you would have to pay out of your pocket and Doctors would HAVE to charge less so everyone could afford to get help. So health care health insurance/health care is the problem.
              No. Doctors could still charge the same rates and get away with it since they are required to provide services to a person in a life or death need of care/treatment. Those you can pay will, and those who can't pay will be bankrupted all the same.

You're treating health care as though it's a product offered on the open market- a "want" instead of a "need." Instead, think of it like running a mandatory car wash on the busiest street in town where everyone who passes by has to get a car wash and pay for it. In such a situation would there be any reason to charge 5 dollars per car wash instead of 10? Of course not. You could raise your prices without limit and in the end you'd get paid for each car wash given regardless of the customer's ability to pay. This probably isn't the greatest example (it's late and I'm tired) but you can see the point I'm trying to make. Bottom line is health care is a need, not a want.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
                1. Developing a skill doesn't have to involve going to school, regardless of what Obama tells you... You can work for a company and develop your skills within the company, work as an apprentice, someone who fixes leaky faucets, or builds furniture or hangs drywall or any number of things, does not need a degree to be considered "skilled"
                You're right. Honestly I don't know why we even have grades 1 through 12, let alone college, since A) most of it you won't use the rest of your life anyway, and B) the stuff you NEED to know can be learned on-the-job.

Oh wait, but if you're a drop-out then no one will hire you and if you do get hired you'll earn a lousy pay compared to someone who did graduate and went on to get a diploma. And considering nowadays there are colleges and institutes for just about EVERYTHING (this ain't your granddaddy's America), from video game development to hair styling, there's little reason not to go on to higher education. This ain't the '50s where you took up the family business with your paw down at the hardware store. This is an entirely different age (I think they call it... the Information Age) with millions more career possibilities spanning innumerable new technologies that are being developed every day. Technologies are advancing so fast that it's no longer enough to have hands-on experience in order to be prepared for the next digital revolution in your career path. In the 21st century you need to have book smarts to truly understand said tech advancements. Also keep in mind no longer is a "large" company considered 60 or 80 employees, but hundreds of thousands of employees where one day you'll be working one job and the next day management will say to you "hey you're being transferred upstairs, they need you there." Do you think it makes sense for management to completely re-train employees every single time they re-structure? No. They need a wide assortment of skills and know-how to prepare them for not just any career path they choose, but any position their employer chooses for them.
                sigpic

Comment

Yea, if you want to create wealth you should go to school... and if you work hard through high school you can get a scholarship and it'll be paid for, and don't give me anything about some people can't get those grades... that's BS... HS is so easy and anyone who's willing to put the time in can get a 4.0, period...

But I'm not talking about getting rich. I'm talking about making a living. I'm talking about bringing in enough to pay the bills and be comfortable... You might not be able to take vacations and drive fancy cars and have a huge house, but you'll be able to make a living and support you and your family without a college degree... Right now the numbers are dismal for college grads. Something like 40% are working in a field related to their degree... YOU DON'T NEED A COLLEGE DEGREE TO GET A DESCENT JOB... There are plenty of fields out there where job experience is more valuable to the employer than a degree... I'm not talking about fields like technology, or engineering, medicine, law or management. I'm talking about exactly what I said in the previous post...
                  Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                  Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
                    No. Doctors could still charge the same rates and get away with it since they are required to provide services to a person in a life or death need of care/treatment. Those you can pay will, and those who can't pay will be bankrupted all the same.

You're treating health care as though it's a product offered on the open market- a "want" instead of a "need." Instead, think of it like running a mandatory car wash on the busiest street in town where everyone who passes by has to get a car wash and pay for it. In such a situation would there be any reason to charge 5 dollars per car wash instead of 10? Of course not. You could raise your prices without limit and in the end you'd get paid for each car wash given regardless of the customer's ability to pay. This probably isn't the greatest example (it's late and I'm tired) but you can see the point I'm trying to make. Bottom line is health care is a need, not a want.

Watch this whole thing....its 6 parts and extremely informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEXFUbSbg1I

As a side note...before health insurance when people had to pay out of the pocket Doctors were not as rich as they are today, they actually were over worked and under payed because they couldn't charge as much.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X