I now know why O'reilly is always dead - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I now know why O'reilly is always dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now know why O'reilly is always dead

So I was at O'Reilly buying some coolant they had on sale, and figured i'd go ahead and rent out a compression tester since i needed to check up on a 97 suburban i've been fixing. Went back today, bout a week and a half later, to return it and they refused to refund my money. Turns out their loan policy is for 48 hours. It did say that on the receipt, but i didn't actually read it till today. My fault there, but 48 hours.... autozone is something like 30 or 60 days i think. I spoke with the manager and tried to explain that I assumed that it would be competitive with autozone's policy to which he replied "this isn't autozone sir" **** him.

Re: I now know why O'reilly is always dead

Let me get this straight. You borrowed a tool from them and it was due back in 48 hours which it even says on the receipt. You brought it back 10ish days later and you are unhappy with them?
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Gonna have to agree with Shodown. You should always read the terms and conditions. Sure Autozone has a better renting policy, but if says 48 hours and you don't return it, whose problem is that?
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

more so his response of "this isn't autozone" doesn't that seem like ****ty customer service? I'm a waiter and I've never ever said to somebody "this isn't (insert restaurant name)" before. And I've had LOTS of people compare us to another restaurant.

i know i'm in the wrong with bringing it back late. the tool is defected though, i just rented a autozone one right now to confirm. reading like 40 psi lower than normal. Was checking for headgasket leak though, so i was only concerned with the relative readings. Since i technically own it now, shouldn't a defect be covered by warranty and under their return policy, i should get full credit back for it. Sounds about right?

I'll pay them a visit monday. that's when the real manager is in. not some snobby night manager.
        Last edited by onspeed; 02-20-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Sure, that's not the best customer service, maybe a little douchey, but how you were talking may have come off as disrespectful to him as well. If you worked there and were told that the return policy is 2 days and someone came back in 10 days trying to get a full refund, my guess is you wouldn't have much sympathy for them either. As far as the tool being defective, though, they should probably take it back, but on the other hand, you were 5 times over the return policy, so again if you (or I) were in his shoes, I don't think you'd be too lenient to the guy who kept the tool 5 times longer than the return policy and now claims the tool to be defective.

Obviously it's unfortunate for you, but you don't really look too good to the guys there right now I wouldn't think.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I've rented tools from checker and autozone and I would tell them if I take a little longer than expected (its 48 hours here for tool rentals) can I call and let you know and since I go in there alot they would tell me no problem just let us know, becuase they all ready have the money for the tool on my credit card. I always remember approach determines response, some are d!cks but I bypass them and go to the manager who will write on the ticket, will call if late,no charge and sign it.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown View Post
              Let me get this straight. You borrowed a tool from them and it was due back in 48 hours which it even says on the receipt. You brought it back 10ish days later and you are unhappy with them?
              :tup:

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
              Gonna have to agree with Shodown. You should always read the terms and conditions. Sure Autozone has a better renting policy, but if says 48 hours and you don't return it, whose problem is that?
              :tup:

Originally posted by onspeed View Post
              more so his response of "this isn't autozone" doesn't that seem like ****ty customer service? I'm a waiter and I've never ever said to somebody "this isn't (insert restaurant name)" before. And I've had LOTS of people compare us to another restaurant.

i know i'm in the wrong with bringing it back late. the tool is defected though, i just rented a autozone one right now to confirm. reading like 40 psi lower than normal. Was checking for headgasket leak though, so i was only concerned with the relative readings. Since i technically own it now, shouldn't a defect be covered by warranty and under their return policy, i should get full credit back for it. Sounds about right?

I'll pay them a visit monday. that's when the real manager is in. not some snobby night manager.
              :tdown:

Comment

But O'Reilly's isn't autozone... lol

just take your medicine on your mistake and go to autozone next time...
                Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

yep, i realize i screwed myself there. I'm not upset because I was overdue on the tool by a week, but more so that the guy came off so rude. I wasn't demanding my money refunded or anything, I just said "48 hours? Oh damn it. I assumed it was something like 2 weeks, cause i usually rent autozone (literally right next to them, like a 30 sec walk), their loan policy is for 30 or 60 days" and he said "Well this isn't autozone." The manner of his statement was extremely rude. Anyone who has ever had a job dealing with people knows that while the customer might not always be right, you never make rude comments. If he had said like "Well these tools are so popular that we really can't afford to have them out for more than 2 or 3 days... a week and a half is really stretching it" then I wouldn't have started this thread lol. Their store is always empty, while the autozone next door always has at least 3 or 4 cars. With people like that behind the counter, i'm not surprised.

In any case, The tool doesn't work. I'll speak with the real manager tomorrow and at the least I expect them to replace it with a working one or under their own warranty policy, refund my money.

Comment

The clerk should have told you about the 48 hour policy.

Comment

its like going to Wendy's and ordering a Big Mac then complaining because they gave you a Classic Single.
                      Just a v6 with a few mods, no big plans :bs:

sigpic

Comment

Plus, that dude may have been rude to you, but if you think that kind of service is special to O'Reilly's, you're in for a treat... Eventually you're going to encounter an ******* in every store you enter... it's just the way it is...
                        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I would think if I "borrowed" a tool, I wouldnt borrow it til' I needed it, and ive never had a compression test take me a week and a half to complete.

Its your own fault, Period.

You rented a tool... their policy is 48hrs, you didnt follow their rules, you dont get your money back.

I dont care if the guy was a jackass to you or not, your a jackass for making a thread and bittching about it.
                          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

if you don't care then don't reply.

my point was bad customer service = declining business.
                            not :'( i didn't get 40 dollars back :'( . i stated several times that i understood going over their policy limit was my fault.

As for the reason i had it out so long, i replacing a head gasket. I don't have the luxury of being able to work on my car all day. On a job that the workshop manual quotes at taking 20 hours (not the camaro), i think a week and a half isn't too bad considering I have school 3 days a week and work just 'bout every day.

Anyhow, went back today and the store manager is actually a really nice guy, drives a red '97 firehawk, so we chatted a bit about stuff, and he refunded my money.

Comment

I should try that sometime, Being a cry baby bittch til you get your way :tup:
                              *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X