Got 2 new cars last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 2 new cars last week

Yup. We turned in my wife's 2009 ML320 Bluetec and got her a 2010 C300 sport.... and I traded my 1996 Pontiac Trans Am for a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT.

I have been trying to sell my Trans Am for ages due to neck/ back injury - I have had no luck selling it. The Explorer owner asked if I wanted to trade - I get lots of snow by me so I said yes.

Benz
    V6 228 hp - 221 tq
    7 speed auto
    Steel grey
    4-matic (4 wheel drive)
    Premium 1 package
    Heated front seats
    Auto dimming
    Garage door opener
    Rain snesing wipers
    4 way power drivers seat
    sirius sat radio
    Multimedia package
    hard drive based navigation
    6 disc cd/mp3
    in dash pcmcia memory card reader
    ipod/ mp3 media interface
    6gb hard drive w/ music register

Exploder ;)
    V6 4.0L 210 HP 240 TQ
    auto
    Leather interior
    Pretty much loaded
    Pic's of truck:

http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49051
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Re: Got 2 new cars last week

haha my best friend's dad has a white 2010 c300, mercedes engineering=:bowdown:
    Robby
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
    sigpic

Comment

Nice! How is the neck/back holding up?
      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
      2006 S60- Sold
      2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

We used to have a 97 explorer Eddie Baur which was essentially the same body style. It was a nice truck, I actually liked it quite a bit. Very comfortable, and the all wheel drive 5.0L was a really nice setup, no problems and we sold it at ~97k. Now we have an 03 Eddie Baur that we've had less luck with reliability wise (tranny).
        A friend of mine has the 4.0L of that body style... can't say I'm a big fan of the engine, but it should be great in the snow at least.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

WAIT....So you traded your TA for that? WHY???? I know you have back pain and such, but I think you could have done better.

It's like every year you are always getting a new car or two.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

congrats on the new cars... that benz looks pretty sweet....
            disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
              WAIT....So you traded your TA for that? WHY???? I know you have back pain and such, but I think you could have done better.

It's like every year you are always getting a new car or two.
              I've been trying to sell the trans am for the past 1.5 years. I didn't get any real bites on it. I got offers to trade me a v6 f body etc.... but my neck/ back can't handle the ride.

I just got sick and tired of looking at the car sitting in my driveway. I may have put between 500 and 1,000 miles on it last year.

When the ford explorer owner reached out to me... I said sure why not.

My neck/ back are worse - my neuro surgeons have exhausted all options and they want to do 3 spinal fusions. My insurance company keeps denying it so I don't know when I'll get into surgery. I've had to retain lawyers to get trhe surgery done on an emergent basis. Since it would be a really major surgery, I wouldn't be driving for a while.... and when I do, I wouldn't be able to handle the trans am until maybe next year.

And yes, I get 2 new cars every year. I get 1 year leases through work - my wife's leases are up in january and mine are up in late may/ early june.

Depending on when I have surgery/ where I am in recovery, I may get a new one late may/ early june... or I'll wait till i'm better.

Just got the truck registered and got plates.....time to go out driving :)
              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X