It is outrageously cold here!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It is outrageously cold here!!!!!

10 degrees here.......my car is in dire need of clening inside and out, but it wont be getting it anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kala View Post
      I agree. I have big tolerance for cold. Tonight it's 15 degrees outside but feels like 5 degrees. That's 25 degrees below freezing! But if the temp goes up above 75, I freak the F out! WHOLE summer I keep the A/C on in my car. NON stop a/c.
      Kala, have you gone or ever gone to the Philippines?

It's freaking HOT there.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post

They now call it climate change

It's all BS.

A scientist has noticed and documented the Polar Ice Caps on MARS

are melting

I guess our green house gasses are really out of control

Last time I checked we haven't colonized Mars yet.

Further proof the loonie left will get your wallet any way they can
        you have piqued my interested...what is your explanation for the 'bizarre' weather.

Comment

^ my theory is that the seasons are slowly starting to shift...I dont know how to explain it but like...winter will become summer weather and summer will become winter weather if you catch my drift...you notice how long it actually stayed warm this year? and the last few years going into "winter"...and how cold its stayed the last few years going into "summer"? I bet it will be cooler this year as well at the beginning of spring...maybe a week or two more then what it was last year...

btw I dont have scientific evidence to back that up...just my theory...I'll see how true it is in 50 years...

edit...I also think that colder places are beginning to become the new "hot" places, and the hot places as we know them will become much colder...just like Texas is beginning to see more and more snow each year, little by little...and the ice caps are melting...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

The ice caps aren't melting... that statement is simply false... the ice caps have melted some, but they are not melting it happens in cycles... 30 years ago the earth was in a cooling trend, the last 30 years it has reversed and been on a warming trend...

Seasonal changes have nothing to do with the climate... Seasons change due to the earth's tilt relative to the sun... and no, man has no effect on that...

The current weather isn't really that "Bizarre" in terms of history, it's only "bizarre" in terms of recent history... keep in mind that some temperature records have been broken recently, but those records were set sometimes 90-100 years ago, which means that 90-100 years ago it was just as cold as it has been recently...

Places are "hot" and "cold" places because of their location on the surface of the Earth... The equator is consistently closer to the sun and the sun's rays hit the equator directly (not at an angle which reduces their intensity) that's why the closer to the equator you get the hotter it gets... and the farther you get from the equator and closer to the poles, the colder it gets... none of this has anything to do with "climate change"
            Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
            Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              ^ my theory is that the seasons are slowly starting to shift...I dont know how to explain it but like...winter will become summer weather and summer will become winter weather if you catch my drift...you notice how long it actually stayed warm this year? and the last few years going into "winter"...and how cold its stayed the last few years going into "summer"? I bet it will be cooler this year as well at the beginning of spring...maybe a week or two more then what it was last year...

btw I dont have scientific evidence to back that up...just my theory...I'll see how true it is in 50 years...
              lmao, that's exactly what I was thinking too. But i'm no scientist either so. banana :banana:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Nine houses on my street lost power - we are all served by the same transformer. All the houses have electric heat - the power load must have blown out the trandformer. The power was fluctuating Sunday morning and then it died about noon. They got the power back on at 3:30 in the morning.

This was happening all over - the old/ weak transformers were being pushed over the edge by the heavy electricity demand.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
                  Nine houses on my street lost power - we are all served by the same transformer. All the houses have electric heat - the power load must have blown out the trandformer. The power was fluctuating Sunday morning and then it died about noon. They got the power back on at 3:30 in the morning.

This was happening all over - the old/ weak transformers were being pushed over the edge by the heavy electricity demand.
                  Proof that old people need not touch the thermostat, but instead throw on a parka or Snuggie.
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                    Snuggie.
                    AKA- the WTF blanket.
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                      AKA- the WTF blanket.
                      ^best vid ever

it was 43 outside today and after a week of it being 19 and covered in snow outside, i was in heaven. its supposed to be 50 tomorrow i cant wait!

P.S. i hate cold!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X