need a favour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a favour

I need someone who has both a LIM and UIM out of there car, and I need them to set them up the way they would be installed in the car on a flat surface...then I need the total height, and the measurement of the widest width please....

Thanks to anyone who can nab that for me.

Mike.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: need a favour

ill see what i can do. hold on like ten minutes.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

11 inches wide.

at the rear it is 7 1/2 inches tall. im not sure if you have straight or angled but where my throttle body bolts up is 9 inches tall, i have straight.
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I have angled...sweet so the tallest point then is 9inches? and the back is 7 inches? I thought everthing was more or less level? interesting...

Comment

I think he's talking about the bracket for the TB, which would stick up higher than the rest with a straight TB, but not with an angled TB.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

that makes sense...man 7.5 inches is low? (I'm not doubting your measuring) but damn...holden LIM sits at slightly less then 5 inches in height...which kinda sucks

Comment

You can modify the stock TB cable plate , I did since the bracket was diffferent on the 96' M5 TB and a A4 TB. Pretty easy , you could make it out of any steel if you wanted but I just used my stock bracket and cut it up since I didn't need the cruise control part.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

not worried about brackets at the moment...those are easy to fab up...Im worried about space for this holden...How much would an "S" (< not as radical as that S, maybe a 60-70 degreeish bend) effect air flow?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                  I think he's talking about the bracket for the TB, which would stick up higher than the rest with a straight TB, but not with an angled TB.
                  yeah, i have half an engine in my car so i have heads and intake laying in the garage. if you have angled then it should be level, but on my straight intake it goes up to where the throttle body bolts up.
                  Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                    not worried about brackets at the moment...those are easy to fab up...Im worried about space for this holden...How much would an "S" (< not as radical as that S, maybe a 60-70 degreeish bend) effect air flow?
                    as long as its a smooth bend and big enough then i dont see it affecting it much at all.
                    Team NoVa

Comment

97rs... did a holden swap, maybe pm him for a little help.
                      Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                        97rs... did a holden swap, maybe pm him for a little help.
                        his is a little "different" then mine :P...

You wouldnt be able to weigh both the bottom and top would ya?...not that it matters, but Im just a little curious to the weight difference of each component compared to the holden...

Comment

his is a little "different" then mine :P...

You wouldnt be able to weigh both the bottom and top would ya?...not that it matters, but Im just a little curious to the weight difference of each component compared to the holden...
                          guess i could. lol. but im not gonna!!!! lol, when i get to the house ill see what i can do.
                          Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                            guess i could. lol. but im not gonna!!!! lol, when i get to the house ill see what i can do.
                            I could always weigh mine when they come off...was just satisfying my curiosity...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X