Wow got an update on my old old car... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow got an update on my old old car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow got an update on my old old car...

Just thought you guys might find this interesting. I am sure there are few that even remember my old 94 3.4L 5-speed

Either way I had ~500 passes at the dragstrip in it, got it down to a 15.4 with some minor bolts ons. Do to my aggressive driving I went through a few trannies. Either way ended up selling the car at 140k mile for $1k with a bad tranny, belts showing on the tires, brakes worn to nothing. And exterior/interior a little rough and went to a '00 Camaro.

Either way guy that bought it is on another board. He slapped a coat of paint on it, put some wheels on it, junkyard tranny cleaned up the odds and ends. He planned to do a GN motor swap into but just been DD it for awhile. He has put 252,000 miles. That is crazy, all I ever did to the motor was pull the valve covers and readjust the rockers.

Jsut thought it interesting... 252,000. Motor didnt' exactly have an "easy life" Easily twice as beat on as my 3.8L. And my 3.8L motor ended up dieing at like 82k.

Last edited by DAS BOOT; 12-10-2009, 10:20 PM.

Re: Wow got an update on my old old car...

thats awesome, good to hear it found a loving home

Comment

Very nice.

Usually those that buys a second hand car don't treat it as good. But your former car is indeed lucky.

I saw my Honda once being driven by a girl. It's all beat up and worn down. Funny how I still recognize it. It was like an old friend.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Car looks really good

Comment

the rear end looks nasty awesome! im really partial to the cme's. too bad you sold it.
          sigpic

Comment

Don't worry when I sold it, it was pretty stock looking Quaser blue 3.4L.

just had fill ins in the rear Camaro piece.

Mods were, 1LE sways, z28 rear with wheel 4 disc brakes/LSD, ghetto intake, z28 exhaust with a cutout, and one of the studs on the cutout was bent.

He added the hood, spoiler, zr1s, and CME

Comment

by the way I forgot my title here, I just got a warning today on a G6 forum...

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
              :(
              Last edited by DAS BOOT; 12-11-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

man those back wheels are faaatttt --- maybe 315's? at least 295.

and x2 that CME looks beast.

glad someone treated your ride with some care --- i'd love to run into the guy that had my car for a year and traded it in has to say about what i've done to her :D
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

thats a great little update, awesome looking car too! any idea how big the rear tires are?
                  Robby
                  2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6

|JET Chip|Flowmaster American Thunder|K&N Intake|BMR STB|Spohn Rear Sway Bar|

http://speed-bros.com/
                  sigpic

Comment

My guess 315s or 325s... Obviously a 17X11 Zr1... I had few different wheel types with 275s on my 2k, and they didn't look near as wide.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X