Favorite Car Parts Store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Car Parts Store?

I know that there are many car parts store around your area. So I'll just choose the ones that are more popular. So choose from the 4 as you think is the best car part store:

1. NAPA

2. Pep Boys

3. Autozone

4. Kregans
    NAPA
    15.38%
    PepBoys
    7.69%
    Autozone
    69.23%
    Kragens
    7.69%

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: Favorite Car Parts Store?

For parts and availability, I'd have to say O'Reily's. Unfortunately, their help is limited. For knowledge and help, I'd have to say Autozone, BUT that only applies to one store around here because I personally know those people and how well they know cars. Each one has a good automotive background and can contribute, unlike any of the other stores I've been to.

Napa's alright, but those guys take forever to find a part and get it in. They always have to second guess my part requests and knowledge when it comes to cars. The crowd there seems to be from a world of carbed cars and old school hotrods.

No Pepboys or Kregans. Don't get me started on the retards at the local Advance Auto. I'd gladly trade those brain-dead slackers for the knowledgeable ones in the next closest store.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

What the he11 is Kregan's?

Where are the selections for O'Rielly's (which is what I would pick) and Car Quest?
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I think Kragens is the same as O'Reilly's is the same as Schucks, is the same as Checkers, is the same as Murrays.

I use Schucks, or Car Quest. although it's really just based on the people that work at the places. Another Schucks in town is my least favorite autoparts store. I find Autozone is a bit too much of a ricer store.
        Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 11-28-2009, 12:18 AM.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I think alot of it depends on location and the workers, kinda like what pace said. if you go to the one next to all the speed shops you usually got a better shot, then the one next to the food store. i personally like Car Quest and NAPA but then again the nearest autozone or O'Rielly's is like an hour and a half away.

Comment

o'reillys. option 5
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

all of the o'rilleys around my house suck HARD! i avoid them at all costs.

i usually go to advance, cause i like the people there and its a much cleaner/nicer store.

Comment

Originally posted by savagecamaro96 View Post
                all of the o'rilleys around my house suck HARD! i avoid them at all costs.

i usually go to advance, cause i like the people there and its a much cleaner/nicer store.
                wow, its completely opposite here. all the people at the advanced are idiots. i asked them for a water pump for my 73 beetle once just to see what they would do, THEY LOOKED IT UP! i swear i think some of them might just forget to poop and walk around all day with it in their pants. there is a couple folks at the oreillys that i could see having trouble conveying thoughts more complicated than "im hungry" but there is also a good bunch of fellas too.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

How about Rock Auto, The Parts Bin, or Ebay? If I have to have a part today, I'll call around to see a) who has it in stock; b) who has it in a brand I trust; and c) who has the best price - but I could really care less which store that is.

Seriously, if you're asking for advice from anyone at an Advance Auto, Autozone, Pep Boys, NAPA, Car Quest, etc, etc, etc...you're doing it wrong. The only parts guys I would ever ask a technical question to would be the ones at the dealer's parts counter, and even then I'm hesitant. The guys at the speed shops are generally better informed, but they usually only know about the performance stuff.

Comment

Autozone around here is terrible, as well as in Indianapolis. Can't stand Autozone or pepboys. Have never been to an O'reilly. NAPA in Indianapolis is awesome, everyone is ASE Certified, and they know their ****. Advanced is decent, the guys are ok, but the parts are kinda cheap. I prefer NAPA or Carquest.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I like advance auto and let's not forget the home depot. They're great for pipe fittings,brass barbs,tee fittings,hoses,clamps,etc. and some odd ball stuff. I buy my alcohol for my water injection system and xylene for my octane boost there.

Comment

Advance Auto Parts for me.

I get the part number online and when I get to the store I just ask them to pull the part for me. I don't even tell them what kind of car it is for. It keeps it simple.

Comment

Advance Auto for me too.

There are two near me;
                          One has idiots working there, the other one doesn't and they're very helpful.
                          sigpic

Comment

i usually buy my stuff at advance auto, but if they dont have something i will go to NAPA and get it there

Comment

When I am not in a rush to get a part I really like Rockauto.com as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X