Boom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boom

So I had to drive home to Philly (from Ohio) for Thanksgiving. I ended up decided to make the drive EARLY this morning (left at 1am) for a few reasons.

It was pretty miserable, loads of rain, bad fog, and ******* truck drivers. At about 5am I was 180 miles away from home, and my car started shaking. It was making a really loud noise and I had no control of the car... tire blew out.
    It was still dark and I really couldn't tell much more than the fact that the tire was shredded. I ended up calling 911 to have them send someone out so I could have their headlights to see to put the spare on.

What the hell happened???
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Re: Boom

He chewed on your tire.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

wouldnt have happened if you took the camaro haha.

Did you find any evidence of what it might be? Looks like you drove on the white lane or on the emergency lane after it popped and shredded it up?
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

It was pitch black, so I didn't get a chance to look around when it happened. Then I got home and have just been way too tired to do anything. Driving for 8 hours in the middle of the night is not enjoyable. I did drive over the rumble strip thing to get onto the shoulder, and that is what I'm thinking ripped up the sidewall.

It may have still happened if I was driving the camaro. The difference is, it would have been MUCH easier if I was in the maro. I have a better jack, a huge maglight, a full tool kit, flares, etc. in there. In the Accord I had a TERRIBLE jack that looked like it was going to snap in half. I had no light, hence why I had to call 911 to have them send someone. The biggest issue was that there were trucks driving 90+mph and refusing to move over for me. It was pretty scary.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Tire looks like it's at the end of it's rope anyway as far as tread goes, but it kind of looks more like an internal failure to me. I think it was the car gods telling you to get rid of the honda.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. I am glad you're ok. Take a look at this thread I made a while ago

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=91789
            09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
            sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
              Tire looks like it's at the end of it's rope anyway as far as tread goes, but it kind of looks more like an internal failure to me. I think it was the car gods telling you to get rid of the honda.
              Yeah, I had 4 tires waiting for me in the garage. Ordered them last week and made an appointment to have them mounted this Friday. They still passed inspection fine, but they're definitely getting low.

Originally posted by kala View Post
              Very sorry to hear this. I am glad you're ok. Take a look at this thread I made a while ago

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=91789
              I'm going to have to check on that... I'm fairly certain these tires were pretty old. Its stupid and negligent of us.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold

Comment

That usually doesn't happen to the side wall. Unless that tire is very old. Company should put a date on the day the tire was made. Because tires do have a life shelf. They look new, but they're actually old from the manufacturer.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post

He chewed on your tire.

HA,hA,ha,LOL Thats funny pic. Sorry about the tire looks like you could of ended up alot worse than changing a tire.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad that I managed to stay calm. I'm also glad that I made the drive in the middle of the night. If I was on the road in the afternoon like when I normally do it, there would have been so much traffic that I wouldn't have been able to safely get over to the shoulder.
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post

He chewed on your tire.
                      That's from Spielberg's Twilight Zone. But the classic is definately better.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Why do you have to ***** about truck drivers? They are just doing their job. Yea, a few of them could use a better driving school, but how do you think all the products get to the store?

Comment

Originally posted by Opontee View Post
                          Why do you have to ***** about truck drivers? They are just doing their job. Yea, a few of them could use a better driving school, but how do you think all the products get to the store?
                          :twak: Shut your mouth. He was referring to the lack of common sense the drivers that passed him were using, for not moving further from the shoulder while his car was parked.

it's not like he was bittching about the profession.
                          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

that tire should have been on a ford and it would have been normal :banana:

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
                              :twak: Shut your mouth. He was referring to the lack of common sense the drivers that passed him were using, for not moving further from the shoulder while his car was parked.

it's not like he was bittching about the profession.

Truck drivers in Houston are the best drivers we have. I guess in Cali, they don't have the "move over" law like in Texas. I had a flat on my trailer on the way back from the NHRA bracket finals in Ennis last month and the truck drivers were the only ones that moved over.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X