How come people don't respond to their want ads? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come people don't respond to their want ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come people don't respond to their want ads?

I belong to four Firebird/Camaro websites. Been posting and PM'd lots of current want ads and only get about a 33% response rate. Even of those who did respond, I had to post back multiple times to get an answer to my question (like what color is the part? How many miles on it? ect). Just basic stuff but it sure looks to me like a lot of young members do not read the entire message, or just don't care.

Even after contacting someone about a part 4 times, I am left wondering how much he wants for the part plus shipping! Just tell me and I'll sell it.

I thought the want ads on these forums would have a high level of communication and response because of the comrodary of members.

Guess I was wrong. I know there are a lot of teens on the forums, but even those gen-x ers seem to behave the same.

Anyone else experience this?

Re: How come people don't respond to their want ads?

Are you buying or selling?
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
      Are you buying or selling?
      Buying. I'm surprised that people who want to sell their stuff, don't follow up with people offering to buy it.

Comment

some people aren't on the ball or may be busy...but I know what you mean...even ebay is the same thing...you'll ask a specific question, and get a generic answer that missed half of what you asked...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

people are lazy.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

i am just busy half the time. the other half is stupid buyers. like people asking how much i want for it, when i have the price posted
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

One good thing came of it. I became so distrustful of the sellers that I decided to just buy all new parts, like gears and LSD. Getting a phone number and calling often reveals a lot about the seller. Like one guy who had 250 miles on a True Trac, turns out it was accumulated 1/4 mile at a time. Thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
                One good thing came of it. I became so distrustful of the sellers that I decided to just buy all new parts, like gears and LSD. Getting a phone number and calling often reveals a lot about the seller. Like one guy who had 250 miles on a True Trac, turns out it was accumulated 1/4 mile at a time. Thanks but no thanks.
                hmm...I never thought of that...I should start asking how milage was accumlated...

There are good deals to be had out there...you just got to be careful man...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

half the time if i call someone and they sound stupid, or change their story in the least i just hang up. i dont wanna be messing with someone who will lie to sell something, or dont know what they have or anything about it.
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Lazy.
                    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X