What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

I asked LS1tech.com what they would do in my position. They would work on my LS1 except basic mantinance. I'm not interested in basic matainance. I'm interested in poor people doing what they love.

Would you work on your v6 or your loved LS1 with no needs of work.

My firebird needs a new caliber, and needs the oil pressure switched hooked back up. My Camaro needs nothing and just wants to be upgraded. She has 34k miles, Bilstien shocks and eibach springs. She also has a 4k Stall converter, with Mickey thomspon street radials. B&M trans cooler, Built 4l60e, 3.23 gears and a LSD. Would you cam, P&P throttle body, and put some fresh heads on it, or just do the basic maintanence on the firebird. I'm torn but not working on either til April really.

I love my LS1 for speed and its ability to respond well to modifications. But my Firebird doesn't die. Shes just runs no matter what

What would you do?
    Last edited by Finkledbody; 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM.

Re: What would you do?

get the sixxer goin strong.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      +1

letting the car sit is recipe for disaster

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
        Have you done yours yet? LOL J/K But X2 go with the sixxer.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
          +1

letting the car sit is recipe for disaster
          I seriously appreicaite the quick responses as im truely curious as to what you all think. My firebird is not a disaster, shes just wants this basic maintance, she doesn't need it by any means.

Thats 2 for the 3.8Lt. V6 Firebird. and 0 for the LS1. Bias seems to be the name of the game.

I truly love both cars, thats why im asking. I'm torn. The Firebird is still going strong and I drive 1.1 mils to and from work. So 6 months from now, the firebird will still be going strong with no work. But could still use it.

Please, more comments!!

Comment

buy a lt1 and you'll have something to do every day of the week. i know i do

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Finkledbody View Post
              I seriously appreicaite the quick responses as im truely curious as to what you all think. My firebird is not a disaster, shes just wants this basic maintance, she doesn't need it by any means.

Thats 2 for the 3.8Lt. V6 Firebird. and 0 for the LS1. Bias seems to be the name of the game.

I truly love both cars, thats why im asking. I'm torn. The Firebird is still going strong and I drive 1.1 mils to and from work. So 6 months from now, the firebird will still be going strong with no work. But could still use it.

Please, more comments!!
              ohhh. i thought the bird needed some work to get back on the road. in which case i would say to fix it so that it doesnt set up... and more stuff go bad.

but since the bird runs... mod the ls1

im not bias... i would trade me 6er for a ls1 in a heartbeat...

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                What does your LT1 Have that beats ZR1's? I"ve been following you for awhile and im lost. I don't know what you did that picked up over 2+seconds? Please fill me in so I can beat some new Zr1's with a Supercharged LS9 with over 600hp.

"•4/25/2008: The supercharged 6.2-liter V8 in the forthcoming Chevy Corvette ZR1 cranks out 638 horsepower, 604 ft-lb torque. Top speed 205 mph.
                •Six-speed, close-ratio, race-hardened manual transmission ?

Please please please fill me in....

Comment

What does your LT1 Have that beats ZR1's? I"ve been following you for awhile and im lost. I don't know what you did that picked up over 2+seconds? Please fill me in so I can beat some new Zr1's with a Supercharged LS9 with over 600hp.

"•4/25/2008: The supercharged 6.2-liter V8 in the forthcoming Chevy Corvette ZR1 cranks out 638 horsepower, 604 ft-lb torque. Top speed 205 mph.

ill fill u in.... its a joke, stock lts dont beat zr1s lol

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
                    ill fill u in.... its a joke, stock lts dont beat zr1s lol
                    LMAO. Apparently I haven't followed as closely as I thought I had. Thank you for the fill in. Stock LS1's walk on LT1's let alone a LS9. I knew that but vanbidder usally has something up his sleeve..

Comment

LMAO. Apparently I haven't followed as closely as I thought I had. Thank you for the fill in. Stock LS1's walk on LT1's let alone a LS9. I knew that but vanbidder usally has something up his sleeve..
                      he had something up his sleeve this time... u fell for it lol :D

Comment

HAHA. Now I just want to line our cars up and see whos got more going on. Will it by my car with show and go or his car. With some show and little go. :rolleyes: ;)

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                          Hey, when are you gonna get rid of your el-tee-juan and join the dark side? Your 370Z awaits here . We got supporting dealers that will make sure you get the best deal!
                          09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

lol not enough seats now kaiser :p. maybe a G37.

HAHA. Now I just want to line our cars up and see whos got more going on. Will it by my car with show and go or his car. With some show and little go.
                            it'd be a while. as soon as i find another car to DD its going into hiding for a while until i find time to screw with it. hell i barely even drive now as it is. i have no plans on keeping it a street car anymore. i just want to build it and beat the life out of it lol.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            Or this

Comment

came from some kid on here claiming his bolt on 5 speed v6 was beating some other guy he knows with a ls1. so i told him stock lt1s pull on zr1s all day long for my own personal entertainment value.

Follow me!
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X