For anyone who likes to test drive luxury SUV's... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone who likes to test drive luxury SUV's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who likes to test drive luxury SUV's...

I just got an e-mail from GM today inviting me to a free test drive event in San Jose where I'll get to take a Caddy, BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus "cross over" SUV for a joyride without a salesman harassing me.

I checked out the website and it looks legit.

https://www.cadillacofcrossovers.com/home.aspx

Has anyone tried going to these events? Is it anything like GM's Auto Show in Motion?

It looks interesting. I still haven't decided if I want to go. I don't really like SUV's (I'm only 5'1" so getting in and out would be a hassle.
    2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Re: For anyone who likes to test drive luxury SUV's...

Originally posted by crazygrrrl View Post
    I just got an e-mail from GM today inviting me to a free test drive event in San Jose where I'll get to take a Caddy, BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus "cross over" SUV for a joyride without a salesman harassing me.

I checked out the website and it looks legit.

https://www.cadillacofcrossovers.com/home.aspx

Has anyone tried going to these events? Is it anything like GM's Auto Show in Motion?

It looks interesting. I still haven't decided if I want to go. I don't really like SUV's (I'm only 5'1" so getting in and out would be a hassle.
    I get these email all the time.

One of them was to test drive a camaro. I didn't get a chance though. But I did drove the new c6 vette. Salespeople will bug you the next day, unless if you put down on the info. that you are unemployed then they won't.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

My friend took me along for one of those except it was for a bmw promo. We drove the x5, the mercedes, volvo, and lexus suvs. We basically got to beat the crap out of them on a little autocross course the set up in a huge parking lot. I'm not a bmw fan, but i was impressed by the x5. Fun day beating on someone else cars.
      69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

I've decided not to go. These SUVs are way out of my league anyways. I really liked it when GM presented their Auto Show in Motion. They'd let you drive all of the cars in their lineup as well as a few of the competitor's cars.

The Corvette was hands down my favorite, followed by the GTO, and then the Hummer on an off-road course. It was a ton of fun even though at times it felt like the SUV was going to roll over while driving sideways up the hill (we had instructors come with us on the ride. They tell you where to turn and stop.).

I never got bothered by sales people even after the event. I wish they have some more of these "shows" in the future.
        2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X