2002 Maxima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Maxima

Well one of the guys in my dorm has a stock 2002 Maxima SE automatic. Actually, it's not his; his parents buy everything for him. But anyway, he was bragging about how fast it was the other day, and so I asked him if he wanted to race. He was down, so one night last week, we went out to a deserted highway at 12:30.

We went twice, both times from a stop.

The first race, we both spun a bit but I still pulled about a car and a half through first gear. Through second gear I pulled just a bit more, but by third gear he began catching up. We shut down at 110 and I had about a car length on him.

One of our friends who was with us (and is a good driver) drove the Maxima for our second race. He stalled it up to 2000 and we went from a stop again. This time we both spun really bad. I didn't get any traction till the end of 1st gear; I think I was nervous about racing this guy, lol. Well anyway, the second race ended up a lot like the first. I had maybe 2 cars on the Maxima before he closed it to a car length when we shut it down at 95.

Some of the guys gave me a lot of crap for just "barely" beating a sedan with my "muscle car", but I'm pretty pleased with beating him with my V6 180,000 mile car. Oh and btw, the 2002 Maxima has 255hp and 246tq stock. :D

Edit: Yay, 500th post!
    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Re: 2002 Maxima

Nice kill!

Just remember, yeah you only beat a sedan by car length, but its still a SEDAN so it has no bragging rights anyhow! Only sedans with bragging rights of being fast are SRT-4s, Evo's, WRX's and the Grand Prix GTP's. I still say good kill.
    Last edited by Shodown; 04-09-2006, 02:28 AM.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
      Nice kill!

Just remember, yeah you only beat a sedan by car length, but its still a SEDAN so it has no bragging rights anyhow! Only sedans with bragging rights of being fast are SRT-4s, Evo's, WRX's and the Grand Prix GTP's. I still say good kill.
      Don't forget practically all german cars in existance.. well not all, but Audi S4, S6, S8 (not to mention the RS versions), BMWs... pretty much all of them (well except the old 3 series convertible and 528i), any Mercedes built in the last 6 years, and i'm sure there was probably a fast version of the passat and jetta at one point too :P

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
        Don't forget practically all german cars in existance.. well not all, but Audi S4, S6, S8 (not to mention the RS versions), BMWs... pretty much all of them (well except the old 3 series convertible and 528i), any Mercedes built in the last 6 years, and i'm sure there was probably a fast version of the passat and jetta at one point too :P
        I stand corrected. I did forget about the European cars. :slap: to me.
        sigpic
        1997 Camaro RS A4
        2006 Chevy Colorado
        2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X