Vw Gti Vr6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vw Gti Vr6

i was just goin down the road and a VW is harassing me, honking at me and riding ride next to my door. wants to run, and street racing isnt in my best interest, especially at night when i dont know whats waiting ahead for me....anyhow, i give in, figured id walk him, but crap....he gives me a darn good run for my money, we went from a 50mph roll and i immediately put 2 car lengths on him, but hes still hanging with me. cut it off right before 80, and never put more than 2 lengths on him. turned out he had a modded late model VR6 too. i dont know too much about Vdubs, but i had heard of a GTI VR6 and expected more out of it. so i take it as a good kill.
    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Re: Vw Gti Vr6

i ran one at the track a few weeks back. i was not impressed with it. it was kind of funny to he kept looking at me smirking and laughing like he was going to rape the T/A, which of course didnt happen, that car got bent over and raped badly by the T/A.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

stock 0-60 & 1/4 mile

1995 Volkswagen GTI VR6 7.1 15.5
      1996 Volkswagen GTI VR6 6.7 15.1

1997 Pontiac Firebird 3.8l 7.2 15.5 (C&D Jun '97)
      1995 Chevrolet Camaro 3800 7.4 15.7

very nice kill.. what kind of mods do you have?

a stock VR6 can definatly give a stock v6 f-body a run for their money
      <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2288859\" target=\"_blank\">1999 Mustang GT(Car Domain)</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123740\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Pontiac Firebird(Car Domain) *SOLD*</a></b> <br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000902\" target=\"_blank\"><b>PA</b> - Maple Grove Test\'N\'Tune <i>April 15th</i></a>

Comment

i just have the basic stuff right now. 96 3.8 bird, 5-speed, slp cai, pacesetter headers, highflow cat, flowmaster catback, b&m ripper,ignition hop ups jeg's coils, msd wires,NGK tr55s and a very well maintained engine. As of next week ill have a new rearend with 3.42s, posi, and disc brakes, and i almost got the money to get a tsp tune there after.
        Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Last edited by camaro_speedemon; 04-04-2006, 07:08 PM.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

i dont think thoose cars are great qrt mile cars or sprinting cars, i think they are mainly loved for the handling and "quickness" they can be made fast tho, but anything can be for the matter, as long as yo ugot enough $$$.
            JpX

Comment

50-80 is a pretty short race, what did it take about 3 seconds?
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

something like that, 3rd gear race and i didnt even use all my 3rd gear. it was at night though, and if u get a ticket over 80mph where i live, its a hell of a fine, not to mention if they write you a racing ticket, they take your car.....so do the math. anyhow yeah, about 4seconds i guess? our cars are worthless past 3rd anyway(100mph), unless your pushing serious power. i prefer a 2nd gear to 3rd gear race though(if i cant get one from a stop). say 35-80. ill keep good momentum on the shift, and hopefully they are a slow shifter/bad driver. (bless b&m ripper)
                Last edited by Harrison; 04-04-2006, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrison
                  something like that, 3rd gear race and i didnt even use all my 3rd gear. it was at night though, and if u get a ticket over 80mph where i live, its a hell of a fine, not to mention if they write you a racing ticket, they take your car.....so do the math. anyhow yeah, about 4seconds i guess? our cars are worthless past 3rd anyway(100mph), unless your pushing serious power. i prefer a 2nd gear to 3rd gear race though(if i cant get one from a stop). say 35-80. ill keep good momentum on the shift, and hopefully they are a slow shifter/bad driver. (bless b&m ripper)
                  Oh no doubt about all that money and ticket fear, i wasn't trying to rip on you at all.

I prefer races from 0-???, cause it only takes about 14 seconds to get to 100 :wink:
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                    Oh no doubt about all that money and ticket fear, i wasn't trying to rip on you at all.

I prefer races from 0-???, cause it only takes about 14 seconds to get to 100 :wink:
                    It takes more than 14 seconds to reach 100mph in a v6 f-body.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

My friends 2003 VW GTI VR6 24v 6 Speed runs with me dead even, at the track he runs a 15 flat or a 15.1 at like 91-92 mphmph.. Not a slow car from where were coming from.
                      Last edited by teal99camaro; 04-05-2006, 06:54 PM.
                      Mystic Teal Metallic
                      ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                        It takes more than 14 seconds to reach 100mph in a v6 f-body.
                        Thats great.
                        too bad i have a Trans Am

Comment

yeah, thats same year/style this one was. ugly puke green color too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X