• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ford diesel truck

my car is a magnet for diesel trucks.
    why? i have no idea

i was at a light bout a week ago mindin by
    business and this big ole newer ford diesel pulled next to me, i looked over as he was revving and inching forward, so the light turned green, and needless to say, it wasnt a race at all, within a sec i had like 4 cars on him, i was like, you stupid hick, you CANT beat me, lol....then just about 20 min ago, same thing, cept with a big *** chevy diesel truck, why would slow big *** trucks even want to race?
    blows my mind

except for !cat and flowmaster 40 dual exhaust
    my car is stock

i wish something else would race me, i never find any races lol geuss they are all scared lol
    my car is freaking loud at idle, sounds mean and tough as hell
    \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

You know all it takes is a chip to make those things fast.

*waits for MTMike* [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

You mean to say if you had a brick shaped vehicle that weighs as much as a house you WOULDN'T race it? You're crazy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh yea and nice kills btw :D

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

of course i would, i would just try and race semis that arent pulling trailors lol
        \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

my friends hypertech duramax diesel could run 14s, low 14s
          stock except for tuning.
          Mystic Teal Metallic
          ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Weird cause a hummer alpha which has the duramax diesel with hypertech programer, exhaust, and intake mods still needed 12 seconds to get it's fat *** to 60mph. I don't know the hypertech adds what 90hp at it's max position, I guess then yeah 14s are possible, I still have some doubts I'd have to see a stock one with just the programer do a run.

Yeah one of those big diesels tried to race me a while ago, though I don't remeber what model it was but the results were pretty much the same, no contest really. As to why someone would want to race a camaro in a apperently stock diesel truck is beyond me.
            97 Camaro rs 3.8<br />Flowmaster catback<br />High flow cat

Comment

Dont line up with this guy. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...20F3C8564D.htm
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado
              2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

There is a couple of older guys in eastern ky that have some diesel that run mid to low 13 and look completely stock. There is one right now that is the transmission is tore up. He gave an 01 trans ams 2 car lenths and then ran him down before the 1/8 mile marker. he runs 12.6 i think.

Comment

Yea lets not forget most of these are turbo charged. The bully Dog Tunner er can add up to 150 hp and 225 TQ to a Cummings Turbo Diesel which rates at 350 HP and 600 tq. Add that up and you get about 500 HP and 800 TQ. Thats numbers super cars put out!

Comment

My stock cummins is 325hp 610ftlbs in show-room stock form. It'll run high 15's low 16's stock (which is still faster than some of you).

If I were to spend $500 on a the right chip and it'll be pushing 400hp and 900ftlbs, and running low 14's in a 7500lb truck.

But I didn't buy it for racing, I bought it for towing, and it tows awesome in stock form. I don't need to tear up my tranny, rear end, and shorten the 500,000 mile duty cycle of my engine to prove a few V6ers & some ricers wrong.

Just wait til a "slow" diesel leaves you in a cloud of black smoke.... I bet you won't post it on here ;) :D

Mike
                    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Originally posted by MTMike:
                      My stock cummins is 325hp 610ftlbs in show-room stock form. It'll run high 15's low 16's stock (which is still faster than some of you).

If I were to spend $500 on a the right chip and it'll be pushing 400hp and 900ftlbs, and running low 14's in a 7500lb truck.

But I didn't buy it for racing, I bought it for towing, and it tows awesome in stock form. I don't need to tear up my tranny, rear end, and shorten the 500,000 mile duty cycle of my engine to prove a few V6ers & some ricers wrong.

Just wait til a "slow" diesel leaves you in a cloud of black smoke.... I bet you won't post it on here ;) :D

Mike
                      OH BURRRRNN! &lt;/Kelso&gt;
                      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

I remeber watching an episode of trucks when he installed a programmer on a cummins and did runs using a gtech. Stock it was almost 10sec 0-60 and I think high 17s, then with the programer on maximum performance it was 7.5 and mid 15s.

Yeah a something carrying 23lbs per hp will not beat a 3.8 camaro.

[ March 20, 2006, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: odw777 ]
                        97 Camaro rs 3.8<br />Flowmaster catback<br />High flow cat

Comment

those turbo deisel's are mean

Comment

Originally posted by odw777:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> My stock cummins is 325hp 610ftlbs in show-room stock form. It'll run high 15's low 16's stock (which is still faster than some of you).
                            and did runs using a gtech. </font>[/QUOTE]Gtech times are garbage. They're good for tuning, and can be cloes, but they have to be calibrated perfectly. I certainly wouldn't call a Gtech time what a car can run.

Comment

Originally posted by odw777:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> My stock cummins is 325hp 610ftlbs in show-room stock form. It'll run high 15's low 16's stock (which is still faster than some of you).
                              [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

I remeber watching an episode of trucks when he installed a programmer on a cummins and did runs using a gtech. Stock it was almost 10sec 0-60 and I think high 17s, then with the programer on maximum performance it was 7.5 and mid 15s.

Yeah a something carrying 23lbs per hp will not beat a 3.8 camaro.
                              </font>[/QUOTE]sorry that was an ignorant post... gtech as said before is used for tuning. the times on it could easily be off. they arent precise. dont take offense to this comment but its true
                              2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X