my 95 3.4 vs '02 Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 95 3.4 vs '02 Cobra

We started around 50mph on the interstate, we both kicked down I got a quick jump for a moment, then he blew past me like I was standing still, we started to enter a part of the int. that was all hard turns, speed limits were dropped between 40-50mph. I was whipping through them at 90-95ish and that mustang was all over the road, nose diving every single turn, I blew right by him in the corners, the straight came back and it was GG. But funny as hell the amount of weave in a cobra... I hope Ford did something about that in the new one... Pile of girls car crap is all I'm going to say about that one.

Never had much respect for Mustangs though, after I killed a '99 GT auto with my '87 HONDA Accord 5spd without many mods, from 0- around 85...
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

YOU sir are an idiot. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] on the gt kill also.

grow the **** up.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

How do you know it was an 02 Cobra? Did you stop and talk to him?
      Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I smoked an 02 Cobra, an '83 Vette and a '05 Firebird last night.
        2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$:
          I smoked an 02 Cobra, an '83 Vette and a '05 Firebird last night.
          ^ [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] and i've been to the moon :D

What type of mods do you have on your car Nikos? Its kinda hard to believe that your Camaro would handle that much better than a Cobra...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] You must of come across the only '02 Cobra in existance, since you know, Ford didn't make a kabra in '02 [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
              [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] You must of come across the only '02 Cobra in existance, since you know, Ford didn't make a kabra in '02 [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
              GOD DAMMIT! Why did you have to say something!
              Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Oh, and they did make 02 Cobras... but shipped them to Australia... I think theres only like 100...200 maybe...

Comment

Friend that was with me is a mustang man said it was an '02... No joke about the GT that 200hp 3400lb pile of automatic ****... As far as mustangs they created a serious problem in 1994 when they built it, on high speed cornering they sit too high, they are too short, and nose dive like hell because their suspension sucks... Havn't you ever driven one? Lol I have 2 friends that are mustang freeks one has a 95 super charged GT and the other has a slightly over stock '94 or '96 I can't remember cobra, both suck at corners, they go straight down the highway fine, but winding whipping corners, its game over.

Comment

The v6 camaros are better handlers than there LS1 counter parts due to weight distribution. I dont find it hard to beleave that he out handled a 2001 cobra. If he was lying then he would have made it seem like it was more of a straight line race....

taking corners is 75% driver and 25% car. On my last track day there were stock V6 TRUCKS pulling better lap times than my 450 HP corvette.

he could have just out driven the cobra around the turns. nonthing special or unbeleavable about it.
                    1998 camaro a4. Bone stock 16.6<br />powerdyned 15.1<br /><br />2004 a4 2.73 C5 targa<br />Bone stock 13.5 at 103<br />stock lS6 heads<br />ram air intake <br />Tr 224/224 cam<br />12.9 at 109

Comment

Does the v6 really out handle the lt1 and ls1 counter parts? I know that the weight balance is better, but I figured they would have fixed that with springs and struts, and maybe even taken it a step further to make them handle better simply because they are faster. Not sure, I havn't been able to pickup my SS yet, so not alot of exp in 4th gens with 8s..

Comment

Car VS Car, Mustang GT vs V8 FBody (Depending upon the years) the f-body does win in handling but loses in ride quality. Thats the way Ford wanted it for sales. Notice, the Mustang is still being built ;)

The Cobras though, those were another story. When they started putting in the independant rear suspensions is when they owned F-Bodies in the handling department. Provided the drivers were of equal skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by KBeezy:
                          Car VS Car, Mustang GT vs V8 FBody (Depending upon the years) the f-body does win in handling but loses in ride quality. Thats the way Ford wanted it for sales. Notice, the Mustang is still being built ;)

The Cobras though, those were another story. When they started putting in the independant rear suspensions is when they owned F-Bodies in the handling department. Provided the drivers were of equal skill level.
                          what he said, cobras were handlers... now put a cobra up against a 1LE car ;)

either way also like said, its 90% driver.
                          '

And I will argue that a stock 98-02 v6 out handles a z28, the pussy sway bars give alot of bodyroll. Also the lack of a LSD makes a big difference as well.
                          -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X