RSX type S looks stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSX type S looks stock

3 lane street me in the middle. lights turns green i go a lil he flys by in right lane at bout 60 limit is 45. i move over to the left to turn in a couple intersections. he goes over the lanes to the left also but stops at the light, so now irritated i move to the middle again. as usual i watch the perpendiclar light and get a good jump(my normal driving) so he sees me go and jumps a lil catching up so i go and he goes also at about a 10mph roll,(this sounds familiar lol [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] )

ne way our torque and their lack of lets me get about 1 1/2 cars on him up through 2nd, but in 3rd he slowly starts to catch up a lil bit but mostly just stays a car back in 4th then, shifting into 5th i move to the left infront of him so i can make my left, he moves to the middle i shut her down so he does and moves back to the left. woulda been a much different story from more of a roll, i wouldve asked him but i went into the rigth-left turn lane and he didnt go into the left-left turn, he just went behind me and made the next right.
    -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Wait, you went all the way up to the top of 4th into 5th racing someone :eek: Dude, Im sorry to say, that's pretty stupid!
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

RSX Type S isn't a slouch. 200 HP that redlines at about 8k. I think they're generally high 14 low 15 second cars. M4d 3Rd 634r V-tAk yo!!1!1one!
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

[img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] you are an idiot. if it was a type-s, it'd be past you by the top of his 2nd gear.
        1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

what, i only hit about 90 same as when i raced the mazdaspeed protege. stock type-s's only run about a 15.1

at first i wasnt guna race him until he went across 3 lanes so he could be infront
          -RJ \"Like trail mix I\'m a lil sweet but mostly nutty\"<br />Metallic Blue 2001 3.8 Firebird M5<br />FRA,Smoothed Air lid, Homedepot Intake, K&N Air Filter, MSD Coils & Plug wires, Iridium Plugs, Flash Tune, 2.5 Flowmaster Catback.

Comment

Originally posted by RicE-ter:
            what, i only hit about 90 same as when i raced the mazdaspeed protege. and stock those only run about a 15.1
            The top of 4th is like 130MPH man
            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

my car tops out at like 125 or so at least thats where my speedometer stops ive never gone past 110mph. maybe thats ur car but at the top of 4th im at about 90.

let me make more stuff clear. there was no one infront of us, no one on the other side which is seperated by a long cement island with trees, no one on the sidewalk and after about 2nd no houses cuz a rain drain thing and bushes and it slightly goes down hill. and i only went up that far to let him strech his legs and see that vtec through past 3rd. so if i were to reck it'd only be me, i never race unless theres like no traffic practicaly

plus i think he was auto , i never heard him shift. nevermind the type s only comes with a 6 speed.

[ March 08, 2006, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: RicE-ter ]

Comment

You've been around for a long time. I 100% believe you. Besides, you've got to rev that thing up to get to the sweet spot.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

you are an idiot. if it was a type-s, it'd be past you by the top of his 2nd gear.
                  Wow calling people idiots. It's a perfectly believable story and it's about what should have happened when the race was from a stop. Just because it's a type-s this guy thinks it's ****ing race car.

I test drove the acura tl type-s with four people in the car and it felt kinda weak. My parents were shopping for a car and I got behind the wheel and the dealer said to give it a good run, and I did. That thing screamed like a banshee and there wasn't nearly as much movement as the noise suggested, I looked over at the guy and was like "ahw" and he said that yeah it's not going to feel like a V8 but the fuel economy's better. Didn't feel like 260hp.
                  The RL on the other hand felt quick as hell for a heavy sedan with a 3.5 v6.
                  97 Camaro rs 3.8<br />Flowmaster catback<br />High flow cat

Comment

my car tops out at like 125 or so at least thats where my speedometer stops ive never gone past 110mph. maybe thats ur car but at the top of 4th im at about 90.

let me make more stuff clear. there was no one infront of us, no one on the other side which is seperated by a long cement island with trees, no one on the sidewalk and after about 2nd no houses cuz a rain drain thing and bushes and it slightly goes down hill. and i only went up that far to let him strech his legs and see that vtec through past 3rd. so if i were to reck it'd only be me, i never race unless theres like no traffic practicaly

plus i think he was auto , i never heard him shift. nevermind the type s only comes with a 6 speed.
                    Im not saying I don't believe you, but your speedo must be WAAAAAY off.

4th gear is 1:1 ratio. Rear axel is 3.23. 6K RPMs in 4th gear is about 138MPH. Math is math man.

Comment

you are an idiot if you took your car up to the top of 4th gear on the street, racing...period. i have personally driven a rsx-s in the quarter. i ran a 14.1 with I/E hondata ecu w/ no lsd.
                      1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

uno what, come to think of it i dont really remember my what rpm i was at, mostly that i was in forth and 90 and he was catching up already so i better stop now. also i remember that when i first got my car i guned it and hit 90and was only at about 4k in 4th, so im sure ur right camarospeedman. and yah it wasnt too smart but its hard to think about that stuff at the time

Comment

uno what, come to think of it i dont really remember my what rpm i was at, mostly that i was in forth and 90 and he was catching up already so i better stop now. also i remember that when i first got my car i guned it and hit 90and was only at about 4k in 4th, so im sure ur right camarospeedman. and yah it wasnt too smart but its hard to think about that stuff at the time
                          You probably shifted from 3rd to 4th as 3rd tops out around 90, which sounds much better. It takes FOREVER to get to 140 in a V6. I did it across a 10 mile bridge, and it took like 3/4 of the bridge to get up that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbako:
                            you are an idiot if you took your car up to the top of 4th gear on the street, racing...period. i have personally driven a rsx-s in the quarter. i ran a 14.1 with I/E hondata ecu w/ no lsd.
                            First of all if you weren't there to give witness. You shouldn't be calling people an idiot. That's not cool.

Here's your spec. on that car according to 5 test runs and this performance below reveals it's best:

2002 ACURA RSX TYPE S
                            Estimated Price : TBA: Approx. $20,000-$25,000

Engine
                            Engine Code : K20C

Type : In-line four
                            aluminum block and head

Valvetrain : DOHC, four valves per cylinder, per cylinder, i-VTEC variable valve timing

Displacement : 1998cc

Bore & Stroke : 86.0mm x 86.0mm

Compression Ratio : 11.0:1

Horsepower : 200 hp @ 7400 rpm

Torque : 142 lb-ft @ 6000 rpm

Redline : 7900 rpm

Drivetrain
                            Layout : Transverse front engine, front-wheel drive

Transmission
                            Gear Ratios
                            1 : 3.266:1
                            2 : 2.130:1
                            3 : 1.517:1
                            4 : 1.147:1
                            5 : 0.921:1
                            6 : 0.738:1
                            Final drive : 4.388:1
                            Differential : Open

Chassis
                            Exterior dimensions
                            Curb Weight : 2775 lbs
                            Weight Distribution F/R : 61/39
                            Overall Length : 172.3 in.
                            Wheelbase : 101.2 in.
                            Overall Width : 67.9 in..
                            Track F/R : 58.3 in./58.4 in.
                            Height : 55.1 in.

Suspension
                            Front : MacPherson Strut, anti-roll bar

Rear : Double wishbone with semi-trailing lower control arm and lateral upper arm, anti-roll bar

Brakes
                            Front : 11.8-inch vented discs, single piston sliding calipers

Rear : 10.2-inch solid discs, single piston sliding calipers

Wheels and Tires

Wheels : 16 x 6.5-inch aluminum aluminum

Tires : 205/55R16 Michelin
                            Pilot HX MXM-4

Performance

Acceleration
                            0-30 mph : 3.1 sec.
                            0-60 mph : 7.1 sec
                            30-50 mph : 2.5 sec

Braking
                            60-0 stopping distance : 145 ft

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
                              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RicE-ter:
                              You probably shifted from 3rd to 4th as 3rd tops out around 90, which sounds much better. It takes FOREVER to get to 140 in a V6. I did it across a 10 mile bridge, and it took like 3/4 of the bridge to get up that fast. </font>[/QUOTE]You know i have been seeing statments like this for a while now and i just dont understant the deal. I have a 2000 with the speed limiter turned off and i can peg the spedo in about 20 seconds or 1/2 mile or so (i never mesured) and my acceleration still feels strong. Why do i keep hearing stuff like this. I know all your motors and trannies cant be that ragged out. On the same note my car isnt anything special. So why is it when i hear from someone else its "our v6 sucks after 110 mph" but when i get in mine to drive it seems to have plenty of power past 110mph. Now before you all start flamming me i should say i have only driven past 100 like 4 or 5 times on the street and it was on the interstate so dont go thinking im a dangerous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X