Couple past stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple past stories

Neither of these stories are particularly recent, on e in october the other in late january. Infact the first story isn't even about my camaro... nor was i driving, but i thought i'd tell it anyway.

Ok, so I've got this friend... lucky bastard, his parents bought him a 2004 BMW M3 for a graduation present (and to think he doesn't even drive it that much ::sob:: ). Anyway so around Octoberish we're just bombing around some country roads having some fun, and the way back into town we stop at this red light. Its like midnight so theres no one around at all, except this red Jetta that pulls up next to us. So we look over, its an early 90s jetta, fancy rims, fart can on the back, nothing special... but the driver and his passenger are looking over and laughing at us. I have no idea what was so funny but they start edging forwards like they want to race. I laugh "Ha! They've got to be kidding!", my friend replies "No no, its the rims, they add like 10 horsepower". So the light turns green and the Jetta guns it, my friend meanwhile, eases off the clutch (he was afraid of stalling it, BMWs have notoriously harsh clutches) and lets the Jetta get about a car's length ahead.... and then "VROOOOM!" I don't know how many cars lengths he put on that thing before he eased off at 65 (it was a 45 zone), but a few seconds later we hear the sound of bees as the Jetta attempts to do a fly by. "Oh hells no" says my friend and he down shifts and we're off again. He cooled it by 100 and the Jetta was a little dot in the distance... Pretty cool i thought :D

Now i've got this other friend who owns a 2004 Mustang, its just the V6 with the "pony package", but ever since i bought my Camaro back in November shes been talkin smack about how she could beat me in a race. Crap about my car being heavier cuz its a convertible. Anyway, so she keeps pushing my buttons and i really desperately wanted to shut her up, but the opportunity just never came up until about 4 weeks ago. As it turns out we were actually driving down the same street that the above "race" happend on, its a nice straight dual carriage way with very few people around and several stop lights. Anyway we stop at a red, side by side, and she revs at me, i return in kind and we wait for the green. Now i've got to give her some credit here, she had pretty damn good reflexes as she beat me off the line, got her rear bumper to my fender but it wasn't enough. I started reeling her in slowly and managed to reverse the positions by the time we had to slow for traffic at about 65-70. Needless to say i was pretty stoked about getting her monkey off my back, and now she doesn't say anything about my car. :cool:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Always fun to pick on ricers. Good kill with the mustang seeing as how your convertible is so damn heavy. ;)

I want to met one of these girls that knows how to race. That's hot. :D
    97 Camaro rs 3.8<br />Flowmaster catback<br />High flow cat

Comment

Originally posted by odw777:
      Always fun to pick on ricers. Good kill with the mustang seeing as how your convertible is so damn heavy. ;)

I want to met one of these girls that knows how to race. That's hot. :D
      Its funny you say that. A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I were on our way home from a friends house. I was tired so I let her drive us home in my car. We pull up to a stop light where these 2 d-bags in a mid 90's Toyota Celica (teenagers) with a wing, graphics and fart pipe, start glaring at her. They giggled a little and revved the little baby motor. She says "I gonna race'em!" I told her rev it to about 2 grand while holding the brake and when it turns green just go. All I could think of was how bad I wanted to be driving my own car when things like this happen!

The light turns green and her reaction time was perfect!! She didnt even let up to give the chance of a ricer fly-by. She ended up killing them by nearly 3 1/2 cars at 60 mph and said she loved it and wanted to do it again... [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X